The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I signed up! I hope someone who went b4 replies!
Where r u from? And what r u goin to study?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I signed up, too.
I am from Taiwan and going to study MSc in Marketing.
Reply 3
I don't know if I'm count as international...so I didn't.
I'm planning on just going to the freshers stuff the same time as everyone else.
Reply 4
CrissyBear
I signed up! I hope someone who went b4 replies!
Where r u from? And what r u goin to study?

I am from Singapore and will be studying law:smile:
Reply 5
mflow
I am from Singapore and will be studying law:smile:

heyy I'm from Singapore too! Will be doing Geography with Business. :wink:
Reply 6
farhh
heyy I'm from Singapore too! Will be doing Geography with Business. :wink:

Did you sign up for Welcome Week too? R u attending the pre-departure talk on Friday at the british Council?
Reply 7
hey guys i signed up too..

i am from india and i will be doing law :smile:

does anyone know if we get accommodation for 18th night as well? because i read somewhere that the welcome program is from the 14th to 17th? :s-smilie:

anyway see you all soon!
Reply 8
confused...
hey guys i signed up too..

i am from india and i will be doing law :smile:

does anyone know if we get accommodation for 18th night as well? because i read somewhere that the welcome program is from the 14th to 17th? :s-smilie:

anyway see you all soon!

We move into our 'real' accommodation on the 18th!
I signed up :wink: Looking forward to meeting everyone! Doing IR and Global Issues :biggrin:
CrissyBear
We move into our 'real' accommodation on the 18th!

thank you ... i have to admit i was getting a bit worried! :smile:

btw what course are you doing? im in sherwood hall anyone else staying there? :biggrin:
Reply 11
confused...
thank you ... i have to admit i was getting a bit worried! :smile:

btw what course are you doing? im in sherwood hall anyone else staying there? :biggrin:

Lol no need to worry! I'm in Lenton and Wortley!!! Doing Medicine!
How about u?!
CrissyBear
Lol no need to worry! I'm in Lenton and Wortley!!! Doing Medicine!
How about u?!

Im in sherwood hall! and im doing law :smile: !!!

I read somewhere that during the international week they are going to put us up in either Cripps or Hugh Stewart is that true? ah well wherever it is i cant wait.... :woo:
Reply 13
confused...
Im in sherwood hall! and im doing law :smile: !!!

I read somewhere that during the international week they are going to put us up in either Cripps or Hugh Stewart is that true? ah well wherever it is i cant wait.... :woo:

I actually don't know but when I was reading the FAQs, it said that if u r not arriving on the 14th in Heathrow, u should come to Cripps upon arrival at UP...So Im guessing that's true! Cripps is niceeeeee...saw it when I was there for interviews!

Congrats on ur law offer btw!
Reply 14
Hey all, my mate is actually organising a load of stuff for this years int-week...sounds like there is plenty of good stuff going on so would recommend going :smile:
CrissyBear
I actually don't know but when I was reading the FAQs, it said that if u r not arriving on the 14th in Heathrow, u should come to Cripps upon arrival at UP...So Im guessing that's true! Cripps is niceeeeee...saw it when I was there for interviews!

Congrats on ur law offer btw!

hey sorry bout the late reply.. i have been going crazy with visa stuff for the past few days! :smile:

well i was told by my friend there that cripps and hugh stewart are really nice so ill be happy with either! anyway congrats on your medicine offer too! :biggrin:

btw do you also have only a 20 kg baggage allowance that is driving you mad? :p: i have no idea how im going to survive without most of my stuff!!! :eek3:
Reply 16
confused...
hey sorry bout the late reply.. i have been going crazy with visa stuff for the past few days! :smile:

well i was told by my friend there that cripps and hugh stewart are really nice so ill be happy with either! anyway congrats on your medicine offer too! :biggrin:

btw do you also have only a 20 kg baggage allowance that is driving you mad? :p: i have no idea how im going to survive without most of my stuff!!! :eek3:

Thnx :smile:
yea the baggage allowance is killing me but im stil payin for an extra suitcase cuz there's no way one suitcase cud suffice...I mean, come on...I live in the caribbean! i need loads of clothes to stay warm! lol
the visa process was somewhat complicated but I got mine last week. Now all that's left to do is booking my flight. I should b there at 6.35am if i get the flight i want lol.
I'm from The netherlands, but I'm a home student so I don't get to sign up for the international week. Do you guys know whether I have to sign up for fresher's week myself?
Reply 18
I'm from India too and I'll be attending the welcome week.

Anyone from IB?
CrissyBear
Thnx :smile:
yea the baggage allowance is killing me but im stil payin for an extra suitcase cuz there's no way one suitcase cud suffice...I mean, come on...I live in the caribbean! i need loads of clothes to stay warm! lol
the visa process was somewhat complicated but I got mine last week. Now all that's left to do is booking my flight. I should b there at 6.35am if i get the flight i want lol.

LOL my mom decided that the time when i have to join university is the perfect time for her to visit all her relatives in the UK! so far i have gotten her to swear she wont come anywhere near the university hopefully that lasts :yep: ! anyway the positive aspect about her also coming is i can use like half of her baggage allowance!! :p: oh n i completely understand what you are saying about freezing in england.. where i come from 35 degrees celsius is normal everyday temperature all year round! :biggrin:
i submitted my visa application today so if all goes well ill get it in about 10 days!! oh and my flight is booked.. i reach nottingham the day before so ill report at the university right on time (hopefully :P)! anyway best of luck ... :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending