The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Subcutaneous
The doctors have actually done the best thing by referring to physio rather than a straight T&O referral, and only very very few trusts have Mskcas....and....I cannot believe you've listed your sources :rofl:

yeh msk cas is a fairly rare thing... but you never know!

Lol! Not exactly sources, just a subtle hint that I know A&E (or at least my trust's A&E). You'd be surprised how many people think that A&E is a last resort for random health issues and so disagree with me. CBA to have to explain how I know these things later! x D

My MSK incorporated physio so I thought that was covered ma'pologies :smile: and I don't know how physio works outside of MSK referrals sorry :smile:

Also - je suis has no idea what the problem is, just offering an alternative to a&e which was not a good plan :smile:
Reply 81
You should not got to A&E with a chronic problem. Simple. Whether you like it or not the only appropriate way to pursue this is through your GP or privately. They would not be able to fast track you to an ortho clinic,would be highly unlikely to perform any imaging, and you would be taking up the time or doctors and nurses who could be otherwise treating very sick people.
I know someone like you with a chronic condition and it turned out they had fractured their bone when thy were younger without and it had healed awkwardly.

Exact same as you, GP and hospitals got them nowhere.

It was only discovered after they went to A&E after falling down the stairs and had an x-ray.

Push the hospital to do further tests.
thatsnumberwang
I know someone like you with a chronic condition and it turned out they had fractured their bone when thy were younger without and it had healed awkwardly.

Exact same as you, GP and hospitals got them nowhere.

It was only discovered after they went to A&E after falling down the stairs and had an x-ray.

Push the hospital to do further tests.

The OP has had an x-ray..

Latest