Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MP3/Memory Stick

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Might be completely barking up the wrong tree but I'm looking for an MP3 player which can also be used as a memory stick/pen that will plug straight into USB drive. I'm looking for a memory stick with possibly 1GB memory but I've heard you can get MP3 players which will also hold word documents. etc...Or is it just the case that most MP3 players do this??

Any advice would be much appreciated, as Im completely clueless!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most mp3 players do this. I have one (memory stick type mp3 players) that can store music, word documents, and everything. I tried saving a text and HTML document on there before. One of my friends used to store stuff on his ipod!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can store all types of files on an mp3 player...
    the only thing is that the player itself may not be able to 'play' them all...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some players may ask you divide the player's memory into two: one for playable (music) files, one for everything else.

You can get some flash-based ones at reasonable prices if you don't mind the brand name being obscure and Chinese. Otherwise last I checked a 1GB Creative was £80, and a 20GB Zen Touch £140.
    • 14 followers

usb mp3 players can hold other data other than mp3 files, you can put all your word documents etc on there as well, its will jsut decrease the amount of music you can hold on the mp3 player!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanx guys!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you can. My mp3 player has text reader.
Updated: September 10, 2005
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sound and vision threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.