The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
India is a **** country and nobody here gives a **** about it.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

/thread
Reply 41
qqwweew22
I am at cambridge studying bio-chemistry. Indians are capable of great things do not tar them all with the same brush.

I didn't say Indians were the problem, I said the Indian state was.

Learn to understand very basic distinctions.
Ladipidoo
:turban:

Been missing me, playa?
Reply 43
bunty64
The large population can be seen as positive thing as the country needs a young work force... In britain we have an ageing population which will become a time-bomb and we'll need more young workers....

The size of your population has little to do with its age. Soon China will end up with a big, old population.

Also bunty, workers will become increasingly irrelevant. Honestly, in 50 years time expect the vast majority of jobs to be done by AI controlled robotics.

People who think population age really matters are barking up the wrong tree and displaying the imagination of a gnat.
Reply 44
TI-84
I don't believe anyone here has stated india's population as a factor positive issue.

Well, it's the only thing that separates it from any African country so I think it's implied. India is just like a giant African country, with nuclear weapons.

TI-84
I don't think the OP is hinting at more foreign investment in India, which I'm sure you know is very high as it is.

Media interest is driven by foreign investment. Get a chart showing where British investors spend money and media exposure of different countries and you will see they are very closely related. As investment in China has taken off, so has interest in its culture and history.

TI-84
I would like to know what '**** attitude' you speak of. Is it the one where people are actually willing to work & educate themselves as opposed to **** about and get drunk every day of the week? I'm interested in knowing.

Well, it was nice to see you show how you feel about British people. Yet your bile has no place because I was obviously talking about the Indian state, not Indian people.
qqwweew22
Irrelervant , I am talking about how the meia don't relise how important pakastan is.

who cares

the media make money, they don't do what they don't need to do. it isn't 'unnacceptable', it's just the way it is
qqwweew22
Irrelervant , I am talking about how the meia don't relise how important pakastan is.

I thought you were talking about India? :s-smilie:
qqwweew22
They used to be united. To me pakistan and india are one of the same and they should be reunited.

right but they are not though.
Reply 48
RyanT
Well, it's the only thing that separates it from any African country so I think it's implied. India is just like a giant African country, with nuclear weapons.

Media interest is driven by foreign investment. Get a chart showing where British investors spend money and media exposure of different countries and you will see they are very closely related. As investment in China has taken off, so has interest in its culture and history.

Well, it was nice to see you show how you feel about British people. Yet your bile has no place because I was obviously talking about the Indian state, not Indian people.

In general, I agree with your point in bold.

A giant African nation with nuclear weapons? You would find that you're quite off the mark. One of India's problem's is a corrupt govt, but the scale is nowhere near as it is in Africa.
Frankly, that is just a daft statement which has been said out of nothing but spite.
Reply 49
qqwweew22
I am at cambridge studying bio-chemistry. Indians are capable of great things do not tar them all with the same brush.

so what if you are studying at Cambridge mate??
should we lick your shoes and worship you...
people who go to oxbridge are academically great but also grew up in the right setting and environment that helped them get through..
everyone aint that lucky
the fact that you are in Cambridge has nothing to do with anything and does not make you better than anybody else
get real!!
are you an overseas student BTW?? (coz you talk seems to suggest it)
Reply 50
qqwweew22
India is a great country and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world. When you consider how significant india is I don't think it is acceptable that it is barely covered in the media. The media ignores it like it is not there. They focus on russia and china when really they should be giving india the attention it deserves.

Didn't Channel 4 just have an Indian season?

http://www.channel4.com/microsites/I/indiawinter/

Oh yes, they did.
Reply 51
qqwweew22
don't demean my culture punk

you do that all by yourself! :smile:
Reply 52
andy786
so what if you are studying at Cambridge mate??
should we lick your shoes and worship you...
people who go to oxbridge are academically great but also grew up in the right setting and environment that helped them get through..
everyone aint that lucky
the fact that you are in Cambridge has nothing to do with anything and does not make you better than anybody else
get real!!
are you an overseas student BTW?? (coz you talk seems to suggest it)

No I am a brithish indian. Getting into cambridge shows intelligence. Not all rich people get in.
deprived? i thought it was getting plenty
Reply 54
RyanT
The size of your population has little to do with its age. Soon China will end up with a big, old population.

Also bunty, workers will become increasingly irrelevant. Honestly, in 50 years time expect the vast majority of jobs to be done by AI controlled robotics.

People who think population age really matters are barking up the wrong tree and displaying the imagination of a gnat.

well I'm not sure of the both sides of the argument of an ageing population.....

The field of AI robotics will be massive then... expect many chinese/indian workers employed in that field!
RyanT
At the moment it's just an over-sized, poor quasi-marxist bureaucratic state.

you personally been to every corner of india, my friend?
Reply 56
qqwweew22
No I am a brithish indian. Getting into cambridge shows intelligence. Not all rich people get in.

i dont think i mentioned "rich" even once..
right setting and environment doesnt mean money at all...
so you got into Cambridge,so what??
what does that have to do with India??
Reply 57
qqwweew22
They used to be united. To me pakistan and india are one of the same and they should be reunited.

are you stupid?? When were pakistan and india ever "united"???

and now you want them to be "reunited"???? LOL!! so much for being an indian in the "know"!!!!!!!!!!!!
bunty64
are you stupid?? When were pakistan and india ever "united"???

and now you want them to be "reunited"???? LOL!! so much for being an indian in the "know"!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you joking?, India and Pakisthan have been united for many many years before 1947
Reply 59
RyanT

This is probably the second most idiotic comment I have ever read on this forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending