The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
jses
(edited 12 years ago)
Plato - He spouted values of the soul and heaven, thus 'creating' the values of Christianity. Some would say he was the cause of Christianity.

Friedrich Nietzsche - I wish lol, he has awesome values
Leonidas I and Eurybiades.
Reply 4
Prophet Mohamed s.a.w.t
I'm guessing it's one of the religious prophets? Jesus maybe?
Reply 6

... obviously

In all seriousness, I would probably say the Political Philosophers that have created the Ideologies we know today are the most important. So Locke, Burke, Marx etc. Then again I suppose that's just modern(ish) history. In all of history ... God, maybe? Or Jesus? No idea really.
Reply 7
In MY opinion, to me (i.e. in my life) Michael Jackson.

With regards of significance to the world, maybe Benjamin Franklin - for electricity related purposes?
Reply 8
Pheylan
John Lennon

Weirdly, that is exactly what my younger sister said at the same time, when I asked her 0.0
Reply 9
werd123

... obviously

LOL :woo:
Reply 10
I don't really feel that there is a most significant person as such however I will pick Abraham(supposing that he actually existed) as he is the founding patriach of the abrahamic religions(Judaism, Christianity and Islam), which have had more political, social and moral impact on humanity than anything else.
missfiasco
I don't really feel that there is a most significant person as such however I will pick Abraham(supposing that he actually existed) as he is the founding patriach of the abrahamic religions(Judaism, Christianity and Islam), which have had more political, social and moral impact on humanity than anything else.

well He (s.a.w) only preached one religion that was Islam..others are distorted versions of Islam.
Maxwell Planck.
The founding fathers of Western civilisation: Socrates, Plato and Aristotle.
Reply 14
angrydanmarin
Plato - He spouted values of the soul and heaven, thus 'creating' the values of Christianity. Some would say he was the cause of Christianity.

Would you not say Aristotle had a bigger impact on Christianity?

And anyway that isn't relative. What about the other 5 billion people that aren't Christian.
Reply 15
Batman, obviously.
It's either Jesus or Mohammed.
greenforce
well He (s.a.w) only preached one religion that was Islam..others are distorted versions of Islam.

Look my friend, this thread is supposed to be about history and significant figures. Let's not make this about religion and making offensive statements, I'm genuinely interested to know the replies to the question so don't want it to be overshadowed by yet another religion-bashing rant.
The one who stood up.
Reply 19
Makaveli.

Latest