The Student Room Group

Personal statement question

Hey I will be applying this year for university 2011 entry. I am looking at doing a Psychology degree but I like the sound of a course at a university with the title Psychology and Health and another one with the title Psychology and counselling. I was wondering how I structure my personal statement do I just talk about Psychology in general as I will be applying to 2 universities that just do Psychology or do I include aspects about health and counselling? Please help.
try to entwine the two, like how counselling is beneficial to health or something, because the uni doesn't know which other universities and courses you have applied to, so if you just write about health and the uni that offers counselling reads, they'll think you're a bit of a weirdo :')
As both courses are mainly focussed on psychology, make most of your PS about that. Try and bring those other aspects in sort of as applications of psychology, so ways that you can use psychology in practice etc. Head over to PS help when you're ready :smile:
Reply 3
Counselling and health are branches of Psychology, just as education and forensic psychology are. You should be able to incorporate them all easily as they are all interrelated. You could comment about all the various fields, but say that counselling and health are the most appelaing because....
bring in research, work experience etcetera

Latest

Trending

Trending