The Student Room Group

Roaccutane

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
How much did you pay for them, and how much did you take? I regret taking nearly 200mg's/kg.

Ooh difficult to remember - I think maybe £100-150 for at least 90x20mg - I only took 40mg with dinner each day. I weighed 60kg but was probably considered mild acne.

Remember your skin will be a lot worse about a week after you start taking them, I actually booked this week off work and I'm glad I did - every spot comes out and heals.

I would certainly prefer the gel had I known before http://www.inhousepharmacy-europe.com/skin-care/isotrex.html

I had been to my GP but she just looked through a book and gave me some crappy antibiotic tablets that did NOTHING - so I got impatient and just ordered, as this is the final/best treatment.

*Disclaimer* You are supposed to have a prescription for this stuff and this is just my personal experience.
Anonymous
Ooh difficult to remember - I think maybe £100-150 for at least 90x20mg - I only took 40mg with dinner each day. I weighed 60kg but was probably considered mild acne.

Remember your skin will be a lot worse about a week after you start taking them, I actually booked this week off work and I'm glad I did - every spot comes out and heals.

I would certainly prefer the gel had I known before http://www.inhousepharmacy-europe.com/skin-care/isotrex.html

I had been to my GP but she just looked through a book and gave me some crappy antibiotic tablets that did NOTHING - so I got impatient and just ordered, as this is the final/best treatment.

*Disclaimer* You are supposed to have a prescription for this stuff and this is just my personal experience.

So are you using the gel now then or pills?
Anonymous

You need to take alot more Roaccutane for it to be effective too. If you way 60kg you should take 60mg for 150 days for it to be effective.(i.e 5 times as much as you did last time lol)

To put it in perspective I was 74 kg's and took 8.16 times more of Roaccutane than you , and I would say that's a decent course. I don't wana ever go back on the stuff tbh, have been off it 9 months now and skin is perfect but thinned a bit.
Reply 43
Anonymous
You need to take alot more Roaccutane for it to be effective too. If you way 60kg you should take 60mg for 150 days for it to be effective.(i.e 5 times as much as you did last time lol)

To put it in perspective I was 74 kg's and took 8.16 times more of Roaccutane than you , and I would say that's a decent course. I don't wana ever go back on the stuff tbh, have been off it 9 months now and skin is perfect but thinned a bit.

I'm 74KG and on 70mg, that not enough then?
matty600
I'm 74KG and on 70mg, that not enough then?

70mg's is fine. But basically you want to take that for between 120-150 days so you have a cumulative dose of approximately 120-150mg's/kg of your body weight. My derm put me on more than this cumulative dose for some reason but all literature suggests 120-150 mg/kg. I would go with the higher end of 150mg/kg and then you can't go wrong. So take your course for 5 months, 6 months top. I started to worry when I got into my 7th month as I really felt it was unnecessary tbh.
Also Matty it isn't so much how much you take daily but more important is how much you take overall. But a good about is approximately 1mg/kg, so you are on pretty much the perfect dose.

Latest