The Student Room Group
It's not part of the Cambridge uni, no.
Reply 2
No, it's just in the same city.
No, not part of the prestigious Cambridge Uni.
No, to be frank. It is like how Oxford Brookes is in Oxford but isnt Oxford uni, or Birmingham City university is in birmingham but isnt the University of Birmingham

It isn't very good. If you want to get a good degree I would advise against going there
Reply 5
Lol they wishes :mmm:
The teaching course is having loads of problems, My friends just finished her first year and they may not be carrying the course on to year 2 if it doesn't improve.
Reply 7
its just in Cambridge i went for the open day hated it and when i got a letter from them with my offer on the back was a scary legal stuff didn't like it my other 2 uni choices didn't feel the need to shove law stuff down my throat just for an offer and i think they are very money orientated !!
Reply 8
Nope. They are close to each other in the same city, but thats pretty much it.
Reply 9
Hahahaahahahahahahahahah

Good one
lolo66
I've read that Anglia Ruskin is in Cambridge, but is it actually part of the prestigious Cambridge Uni?

Yes it is, but it is kept secret.
Similarly, London Met is part of LSE, Thames Valley University is part of Oxford University and Howard University is part of Harvard University.
lolo66
I've read that Anglia Ruskin is in Cambridge, but is it actually part of the prestigious Cambridge Uni? Is it a good uni?

It's an ex poly which became a uni in 1992, so nearly 800 years after Cambridge did!! I think it used to be an art college or something like that before.
One of its campuses is in Cambridge, but it is not part of Cambridge University.

Depends on what you're studying and what you want to do - it's good for courses like nursing and optometry (:p:), but not much use taking a law degree there and wanting to work for a Magic Circle law firm.
Reply 13
Nope.
In the same city, different Universities.
This made me laugh so much. So so much.
My most memorable thing about my interview is getting the train there with the sign at the station saying "Cambridge, home to Anglia Ruskin University".

Probs why I didn't get an offer, thinking back on it.
miranda-ae
My most memorable thing about my interview is getting the train there with the sign at the station saying "Cambridge, home to Anglia Ruskin University".

Probs why I didn't get an offer, thinking back on it.

We used to have that sign on the buses as well. :yep:
Reply 17
Yeah it's one of the colleges you can apply to, Anglia Ruskin College, Cambridge. It's a good college, it just has this bad rep so students pretend it's not part of the uni, same way 'Homerton' isn't part of the uni.
I lol66 times :ahee:

Latest

Trending

Trending