The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ToastyCoke
There we go. :h:

The arrows were showing the evolution, how you cut the plug on one and another system arises to mainstream popularity.

Napster went legit and started selling music, kazaa became a bit of a virus hole (never understood limewire) and torrent/streaming sites are just being closed down whilst alternatives like spotify are starting to appear on the scene. At least we're starting to see a good "on demand" service from our TV's but it should be expanding further with better content.
Reply 41
You guys should all use this site: www.icefilms.info I think this site is one of the best there is to find on the net. Enjoy. :biggrin:
Reply 42
DC++.

Damn I miss living in halls.... Lucky I downloaded the whole of it (practically) to my 1.5TB HDD :biggrin:
Reply 43
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What will I do with my days now
member101
Disk space? Do you download the programmes/movies? I don't bother, I just watch it on the site..

Sometimes I do, sometimes I watch them online. But given the thread as far as I can tell is about some of the most popular watch-online sites being shut down downloading is the obvious other option. Plus you get then to watch them whenever you want even if you're not connected to the internet, and the quality is often better.
Not meaning to be a killjoy here but it might be best if people limit the naming of anysites otherwise mods are gonna kill the thread and some internet killjoy will tell the police we've been very naughty boys and girls :frown:
Reply 46
Steeps
Agree with this, I've never used any of these sites, but since getting a Cineworld unlimited card I go 1-2 times a week compared to 1-2 times a month before I had it. If they made a paid for high quality streaming service instead of just shutting down the illegal ones they'd probably make a fortune. Just like spotify for music but with films and TV. I'd gladly pay £25 a month if it meant I could stream HD quality TV on launch and occational films instead of having to wait for cable to get them.

Provide a service like spotify and people WILL use it, don't just cut off current users because they'll keep finding alternate ways.

Napster -> Kazaa -> torrent/newsgroups -> streaming.

My cinema adapted to change, why can't the distributers?

this! i would pay to watch movies/tv shows online, but it would have to be a reasonable price (unlike itunes and the lark) which i doubt it would be :rolleyes:

i dont often watch movies online, but if its unavailable on dvd or an american show or a new film i didnt get chance to see at the cinema then i do... but if i like something, i always end up buying them, when they go cheap enough that is.
They'll never stop The Pirate Bay :ahee:
Sounds legit.

All legit news sources call the police "feds"

The only thing that could make them more legit would be to refer to the feds as the "popo"
Haha, never heard of these sites before..must suck ass though
Bslforever
Sounds legit.

All legit news sources call the police "feds"

The only thing that could make them more legit would be to refer to the feds as the "popo"

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100630-716669.html

Happy?

Or you could just check on the websites....
Sushidelight
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100630-716669.html

Happy?

Or you could just check on the websites....

Ohmigawsh!!! 7 whole websites!?!?!

If they carry on like this, we won't have any interwebz left!
Bslforever
Ohmigawsh!!! 7 whole websites!?!?!

If they carry on like this, we won't have any interwebz left!

:biggrin:

...I loved one of them, I did!
Miserable bastards, :frown:
Reply 54
Ehem..... Isohunt :smile:

Torrents are the way forward, none of this streaming nonesense.
Reply 55
not happy about this!!! Where shall I watch all my American TV shows and repeats of friends?? (apart from E4 lol)
Reply 56
I use movie-links :p: stupid feds always getting in my way. :rolleyes:
Reply 57
snowshine
This. :erm:

also this. thank god for warez-bb
Reply 58
Pheylan
also this. thank god for warez-bb

lols
Reply 59
well i watched ateam today and prince of persia yesterday on watch movies so they havent been successful.

Latest

Trending

Trending