University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
abbie_ffm
hey im there too!
although i wanted oak house. :s-smilie:

mine is G.1.01.08
what/where the heck is that?

What were your choices/preferences if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 22
Schooo
What were your choices/preferences if you dont mind me asking?

Oak House or any other self-catered option in ff really
Reply 23
abbie_ffm
Oak House or any other self-catered option in ff really

Ahh ok. I chose Oak House, Richmond park, and Oak House (sink) in that order. Soooooo hoping for Oak House, but now judging on what you've been saying I'm getting worried =[ Still waiting to hear from them.

I'll be doing Psychology too btw :smile:
Reply 24
Schooo
Ahh ok. I chose Oak House, Richmond park, and Oak House (sink) in that order. Soooooo hoping for Oak House, but now judging on what you've been saying I'm getting worried =[ Still waiting to hear from them.

I'll be doing Psychology too btw :smile:

Yeah, I remember! One of the (probably) few guys doing Psychology. :smile:

And about your offer: just because I was really unlucky does not mean, they are going to be ridiculously random when allocating your room! Keep up your hopes :wink:
And I think it is not that bad anyway. I might be able to swap once we all get there. And if I like my room and room mates it will be great, for sure!
That is really weird that you applied for Oak House TWICE and got OP...
Reply 26
abbie_ffm
hey im there too!
although i wanted oak house. :s-smilie:

mine is G.1.01.08
what/where the heck is that?

Green Court 1, 1st floor, room 8.
T6.13.10

I'm assuming this is the tower haha? Mentalll
pomme de terre
T6.13.10

I'm assuming this is the tower haha? Mentalll

13th floor. Facing the back. Next to the kitchen. Opposite the bathroom. Nice.
Reply 29
AmyJ
Green Court 1, 1st floor, room 8.

Cheers! Do you know what it is like?
Idontlikecricket
13th floor. Facing the back. Next to the kitchen. Opposite the bathroom. Nice.

13th floor?!?! **** my life. I thought it was 6! What does the 6 stand for then?
Reply 31
abbie_ffm
Cheers! Do you know what it is like?

Honestly? I lived in Green Court and I didn't enjoy it, but I think it mostly depends on who you live with and how comfortable you are sharing a bathroom. I was unlucky in that the bathroom on our floor flooded and it took them weeks to fix it. I will say though that the catering and the kitchen facilities in GC are an absolute joke, and if you have the money I'd advise you to swap to a self-catered hall once you get there.
pomme de terre
13th floor?!?! **** my life. I thought it was 6! What does the 6 stand for then?

The 6 refers to your block. Tower lifts only go to even floored numbers (seriously) and so it's divided into 7 blocks of 2 floors and one of 3 floors (at the top). So you're on the 13th floor and part of T6, which is the 12 and 13th floor which are kind of connected to each other. Difficult to explain, but a word of advice, when you move in go to the 12th floor and walk UP the stairs- not the 14th floor and go down. Just trust me on this.
Idontlikecricket
The 6 refers to your block. Tower lifts only go to even floored numbers (seriously) and so it's divided into 7 blocks of 2 floors and one of 3 floors (at the top). So you're on the 13th floor and part of T6, which is the 12 and 13th floor which are kind of connected to each other. Difficult to explain, but a word of advice, when you move in go to the 12th floor and walk UP the stairs- not the 14th floor and go down. Just trust me on this.

oh man.
Reply 34
Idontlikecricket

Ok looks like you have been then...Just wondering if you could tell me where I am please :biggrin:
I have bee allocated TF.G.02 but I don't understand it...is this the tower or tree court :s
First I though the tower but reading through making me think otherwise.
Lloyd09
Ok looks like you have been then...Just wondering if you could tell me where I am please :biggrin:
I have bee allocated TF.G.02 but I don't understand it...is this the tower or tree court :s

Thats tree court i think if I'm getting the gist of owens park room numbers right hahah
Reply 36
me too! T5.10.08
10th floor, gonna luv it
Lloyd09

Yeah tree court f, ground floor, room 2. Tree courts nice. Permanently smells of weed.
Reply 38
Lloyd09

You're in F block, Tree Court. On the right as you approach the gate, I think you have your own entrance, seeing as you're next to the gate - it's a fire escape on your left hand side; very obvious. Keep your window closed when you go out, and you might want some aer plugs - people coming through Tower Court (eg more or less everyone in Fallowfield) and Tree Court will have to go by your window, and slam the gate really loudly. Brilliant at 3am, I'd guess!
Meow7
Soooo, got my offer for OP today. I'm T1.02.06, whatever that means!

I wanted an ensuite but nevermind, it's in Fallowfield and I wanted a great social place so I'm happy :yep:

Anyone else coming to OP in September? :biggrin: xxxx

^
O wow what are the odds. Some massive d*ckhead is going to be in your floor.
I remember him mentioning that he is room 11.
Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending