The Student Room Group

MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)

I have been offered a place on an MSc pre-reg OT program in Scotland. I decided to apply quite late which is why I only applied to this university. However the course is self-funded with no NHS funding and tuition fees alone will be 10 grand over the 2 years.

If I took the course in England the course is funded by the NHS so I have been thinking of applying there instead, however this would mean giving up my place in Scotland and risking not getting a place on another course. I'm 24 years old so Im quite keen to get finished up with uni so risking ending up with no place is quite scary....however so is the prospect of paying 10 grand for a course I could get for free. Any advice?

Also does anyone know what the competition is like for places on the programme in any of the English uni's? Im particularly interested in the courses at London South Bank Uni and Brunel Uni if anyone has been interviewed for or studied the course at either of these? Ive heard mixed things about the course at LSBU so hearing your experiences would be really helpful!

Thank you
Reply 1
Hi,

I was reading through all the old posts and think I'm in quite a similar position that you were in last year. Can I as what you decided to do?

I have my interview next week fro queen margaret uni and if I am offered a place I am unsure whether to take it due to the finding.

do you having any interview or funding advice?

Thanks

Lisa

Quick Reply

Latest