The Student Room Group

Packing for uni - 2005!

So I'm off to uni tomorrow.... (early I know but I want to start getting some paid work in - *kerching*!)

And the packing never seems to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, its going on forever.

I swear I'm taking less this year because I know pretty much what I'll need but I still seem to have ended up with more.... :confused:

And theres soooooooo much and I havent even packed all my cooking utensils yet!!! :'( Let alone things that I'll need to study such as paper and files and aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

And the stupid people at mercedes are taking their time with servicing the car (5 days to fix a mirror and change the tyres are you kidding me?!!!!) so I'm not tooooo sure how we're even going to get all my stuff up to uni in the first place because lets face it, a micra isnt the most spacious of vehicles is it?

So this is a bit early I know but I figured we could use this thread to stress over...

Packing for uni - 2005!

Let the stressing begin!

Unless you know.. you'd rather start your own thread.. or post in someone else's thread that may have already been started... but just not devoted to... going crazy and stuff.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Raaah. My mum's moaning about having to take me up to Durham in the car. So I'll have to pay her £30 for petrol money. Oh joy.

The actual packing is all good though, I like organising stuff. :redface:
Reply 2
:eek: thats evil making you pay for petrol money!
Its fun at times I guess... (I am an organisation fanatic) but my packing isnt that organised strangely enough... it kind of is.. but not as anal as my filing can be haha.

Its just when you think you're almost done and then you realise how much more you have to do and keep on remembering those little bits and pieces that drives me insane.
Reply 3
If you were so busy packing for uni you wouldnt have time to be messaging on the net!! ;-)
mangomaz
:eek: thats evil making you pay for petrol money!
Its fun at times I guess... (I am an organisation fanatic) but my packing isnt that organised strangely enough... it kind of is.. but not as anal as my filing can be haha.

Its just when you think you're almost done and then you realise how much more you have to do and keep on remembering those little bits and pieces that drives me insane.

which uni u going back 2? I'm going back to Reading tomorrow all the way from sunny Birmingham as I'm a second year and need to get some stuff sorted out!
my packing is almost done...although for a lot of things I have just said "sod it, I'll buy it when I get there"

It was sooo stressful though, and my mum didn't help at all, everytime she came in trying to give helpful "advice" I just wanted to scream at her :mad:
All done and dusted for me-off to Edinburgh in the morning. The week ahead is going to be chocco.
Reply 7
I've got two weeks. Going to start tidying this week, with sorting and packing slowly starting at the end of the week.
Reply 8
3 weeks to go. I think I've got enough time.
ive got one week to go and i havent even started packing lol
Reply 10
devilgirl999
ive got one week to go and i havent even started packing lol

I'v got a week left too - think iv got most of it, havent started packing tho!! it hink il wana bring my whole wardrobe!!!!! :p:
I leave next Sunday, but it doesn't seem to be worrying me much yet. I guess I'll get to Uni and then realise how much I've forgotten!
I've got loads of time - not moving in until the 24th. Last year I took my own car so I just threw everything in it without any kind of organisation; this year, I'm not allowed to take my car so I guess I'll have to figure out some way to limit the number of boxes/bags I take!
I've got a fortnight left to pack :biggrin:

At the moment most of the things I'm taking with me are in a big pile the size of Everest in my parents' room. A six hour car journey in a car absolutely stuffed full is going to be so much fun. Bleh.
Reply 14
I havent bought a single item or packed or organised anything yet! I have got about three weeks left; it seems sooo far away. Im just trying to remember any A level stuff I was taught, with little success. :frown:
Reply 15
I've got so much to do! I go ina couple of weeks, but it's not really a case of just picking things up and putting them in boxes, i need to sort out my whole room. While i'm away my parents are going to move all my stuff into another bedroom. Therefore, i need to sort through every single thing that i own, and pack everything up. I haven't started yet. xx
Reply 16
mousey
I've got so much to do! I go ina couple of weeks, but it's not really a case of just picking things up and putting them in boxes, i need to sort out my whole room. While i'm away my parents are going to move all my stuff into another bedroom. Therefore, i need to sort through every single thing that i own, and pack everything up. I haven't started yet. xx

I need to sort out my whole room too, i have two little brothers and they are taking my big room when i go to uni and moving all their bunk beds and things in there so i need to clear it all out :frown: I have a week!
I've got a fair bit organised im packing this week coming but freaking out a little. Im going to hols on the 18th and then start uni on the 25th so everything needs to be ready before i go on hols. Worse my mum is moving to scotland and shes getting rid of my bed while im gone... argh.
Reply 18
spangletastic
. A six hour car journey in a car absolutely stuffed full is going to be so much fun. Bleh.

I Know what you mean, Im on a 6+ hour journey up and dreading it.
Where about's in Cornwall do you live?

Latest

Trending

Trending