The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd be disappointed with them for not telling me earlier, shows a clear lack of trust. Beyond that, i have no idea! If i've developed a strong relationship with them i'd like to think that their previous sex is just arbitrary but it would play around with my mind. Overall, i think i'd have to break up with them gently, i wouldn't mind staying friends with them though.
Reply 42
BHH
Well, was I wrong? Cause if you are not an atheist/agnostic, then I was right and, perhaps, I am the 'sharpest tool in the box'.

No, I'm just fed up with religous people forcing their beliefs on others.

I don't consider myself religious. My first point completely rules out your last point but I have to point out I wasn't forcing anything on anybody. I was stating my opinion, which was asked for, which I have a right to state if I wish. You pretty much told me I have no right to be bothered with this topic. Seems like your forcing your opinion on me.
I would be most pissed off by their unnecessary abuse of capital letters.
Wasn;t there a show in the US a few years ago, where these guys try and compete to be this woman's (who had a sex change) boyfriend. The winner was ruddy devastated when he told him?
Reply 45
If she looked like this?

Or this?
cowsforsale
Wasn;t there a show in the US a few years ago, where these guys try and compete to be this woman's (who had a sex change) boyfriend. The winner was ruddy devastated when he told him?

There's Something About Miriam?
Dan1992
there's a pretty clear line between forcing yourself on someone and someone giving consent to sex based on misinformation. the person you imagine in your example wouldn't be "a rapist" if they really were simply having sex with people they misinformed, e.g. told them they were a pilot when really they work in a pizzeria...

Very logical well thought out answer to something that was merely a ridiculous thought of how a rapist may try to excuse their actions.

I commend the seriousness in which you take this forum and all of the posts by its various users.
Born2Win
I'd dump him.

icumwidcookies
breakup with it gently......

and cry to bed everyday

MALIK HAMID
punch him in the face.

Kevin J
Disgusting.

I would inflict serious violence towards him.

:emo:

I do hope I never meet these people. Ever. A person who's brain functions as female, but their body did not originally, and now is aligned with their identity is female.
Not he. Not it. She. Get it in your heads.

I do hope that some of your posted more as a joke than how you actually feel....
</Tom>
There's Something About Miriam?

yup :yes:
Reply 50
fidelity_blue
If I was in a relationship with someone and they only just decided to tell me they'd had a sex change I'd be more outraged that they'd kept it a secret. If I'd known from the get go I wouldn't care in the slightest. However, if they'd kept it hidden for a long time I think that would cause my problems in the relationship than the fact it happened, and I'd probably have to break up with them because of the lack of honesty and trust to be honest.

This reminds me of the girls on Joe Millionaire who break up with the guy after finding out he's poor, not because he's poor but because he lied to them about his wealth (wink wink nudge nudge).
Hahaha
Reply 52
depends if you've been with them for years and love them i would hope that in a few years time i would be mature enough to compe with it but at the moment i don't think i could.

To me she would still have a blokes mind but i don't know i'll cross that bridge if i ever come to it.
Reply 53
BHH
Well, was I wrong? Cause if you are not an atheist/agnostic, then I was right and, perhaps, I am the 'sharpest tool in the box'.

No, I'm just fed up with religous people forcing their beliefs on others.

a) He clearly didn't say whether he is religious/atheist so I wouldn't consider it "sharp" to assume either way and insult them about it.

b) This thread is asking for opinions, maybe if the OP was asking for advice it would be wrong - but then again it's pretty hypocritical, for you, to tell people what they should believe (i.e. that someone who's had a sex change should be treated exactly the same) above his point and then tell him not to “enforce” his beliefs on others.

Now back to the thread I would break up with them (and try to do so gently) for three reasons;

1) The lies
2) The fact they can't have children (I don't want them now, but at some point I would)
3) And finally (even as an atheist) I genuinely find it creepy/unnatural - and if anyone critizes this point, I believe that they (trans-sexuals) should have equal rights, but part of my rights would be that I have the choice who to date.
Reply 54
It depends on how convincing they are. With modern surgery you can get a man to look like a womn for most of their body (the girl/boy from 'Something About Miriam' looks more feminine than most women). I don't they can make genitals convincing though, I saw a documentary about this and it was basically a Franken-pussy - it looked like someone had made a pussy out of bits of a dick, which was exactly what had happened. So, for me no I wouldn't, not with current techniques anyhow.

BHH
Well, it is not as if you have a right to have a problem with other people having sex changes. You know, it is like mind your own f-ing business.

Does freedom of thought not exist in your country?
If shes just a girlfriend... Il puke to death

If I love her... Il have to put up with it
Reply 56
Einheri
Does freedom of thought not exist in your country?

My country (thankfully) is a liberal democracy. This means that the majority cannot violate the basic rights of the minority. It is on this basis that I said that that other user does not have a right to have a problem with people having gender reassignment surgery. In this country, at least officially, she does not have the right to impose her bigotry on other people.
BHH
My country (thankfully) is a liberal democracy. This means that the majority cannot violate the basic rights of the minority. It is on this basis that I said that that other user does not have a right to have a problem with people having gender reassignment surgery. In this country, at least officially, she does not have the right to impose her bigotry on other people.

Surely they do have a right? That's what freedom of expression is all about..
Reply 58
BHH

Holding and expressing an opinion when asked is not a violation of anyone's rights. Nor did she impose anything on anyone; she simply stated her opinion. Not everyone has to agree with the liberal agenda, and as much as you'd like the world to be the left-wing equivalent of Nazi Germany it isn't.
Reply 59
Einheri
Holding and expressing an opinion when asked is not a violation of anyone's rights. Nor did she impose anything on anyone; she simply stated her opinion. Not everyone has to agree with the liberal agenda, and as much as you'd like the world to be the left-wing equivalent of Nazi Germany it isn't.

She can hold whatever racist, homophobic and et cetera view she wants. The point is she, thankfully, her views are useless because she can't enforce them.

P.S. "the liberal agenda"? :toofunny:

Latest

Trending

Trending