The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phantom_X
Yeah, the pakistanis can sometimes be really vile. sorry about that, they tend to have a chip on their shoulder.
racism does work both ways and in both ways are done by retarded dickheads with no sense of class.

It didn't bother me one bit - my friend and I were laughing our heads off about it on the tram. Sticks and stones and all that :smile:
Reply 81
BHH

No! Two wrongs do not make a right.

Are you sure about that? In maths they teach two negatives make a positive. :sexface:

hahahha jk. :ninja:
Stop crying you little wimp. I was born and raised in Denmark as a black person. I've been called more scheisse than you can imagine and I don't give a monkeys
Reply 83
FizzyBovril
I was racismed against by a group of pakistani hoodlums when I was getting the tram in Manchester. They called me 'ghost face' and 'milk boy'.

I was like :talkhand: whatevurrrrrrrr

I was a racimised against by a group of white hooligans when I was waiting for the tram in Manchester. They called me ''paki''.
fat_hobbit
Doesn't mean the brits should follow their example.

Yer but we are nowhere like that and once someone crys racist everything has to be changed for non whites to benefit.
Reply 85
I'm Indian and I've only had 2 racist (and Islamophobic) comments thrown at me in my entire life. That's because one of them thought I was hiding a bomb in my schoolbag and the other thought I had the expression of a terrorist (whatever that means). And I'm not even Muslim.

So just stop hyperbolising, grow some balls and deal with it.
dude dont bother to pay attention to them there just dicks lol really i mean what is the point in racism. If someone is racist they are also a pussy.
Reply 87
This is ridiculous. Only racists are racists.. white people are not racist neither are indians. If racism affects you then contact the police or something. There's no need to make a thread on TSR. TBH racism is harmless unless the racists are physically abusing you. Just remember that majority of people are not racist. So don't beat yourself up for that idiotic minority that is. Yeahhh like everyones saying.. grow a pair. Because being in such a diverse society, you're not alone.
Reply 88
metallica nutter
i was born in england but i feel like an outsider because of my indian heritage

this is mainly because of white british people who are racist

anyone else experience this...what is the solution?

Couldn't agree more. I've tried to make friends with british people and integrate but deep down they don't give a **** about non british/white people. British people may not be openly racist, but behind the scenes they are covert racists. It's the racist British attitude, to treat asians and blacks as outsiders. British people will always have this racist attitude about them, weather be it open or closet racism.
azn-wonder91
hmm clearly not been brought up properly indian style :P:

Oh he has. Forced into medicine, home by 6.30 pm at the latest, not allowed to drink or go out. Studies all the time, not allowed a girlfriend will have an arranged marriage.

:p:
ajtiesto
Couldn't agree more. I've tried to make friends with british people and integrate but deep down they don't give a **** about non british/white people. British people may not be openly racist, but behind the scenes they are covert racists. It's the racist British attitude, to treat asians and blacks as outsiders. British people will always have this racist attitude about them, weather be it open or closet racism.

Cry me a river and GTFO.

Seriously, people of colour are just as racist in their attitudes they just play the victim all the time.
Reply 91
there's an indian community centre near my house, i'll get you their number
Reply 92
concubine
All the Pakistani people I've ever known have been pretty much horrible.

All of the Indians have been awesome, all the Bangladeshis too.

HMMMM

I agree. I know some Pakistani's who are ok, I get on ok with them. I have Indian and one Bangladeshi friend who are epic.
Most British people aren't racist, in fact In London, you're practically in the minority if you're white haha

But, a relatively new culture, who do things differently to most of the indigenous, is going to cause a discord. Especially when cultures are so drastically different in relation to Christianity and Islam. And I mean, come on, some Asian peoples actions really incite this discord.
effofex
I don't get it. Why would people care about the ethnicity of your friends? Are white females quite xenophobic in private or something?

Not all, but a large amount of white girls (more than the guys, and usually those from many generations English) where I live in London seem to diss Asians amongst themselves, but wouldn't dare voice their opinions anywhere else. Though my area is diverse, everyone seems to stick to their own race. If not, you're a coconut, egg, or other double-coloured foodstuff. You're a traitor, and if you like their culture so much you should join your Asian friends on the way back to their country.
Reply 95
Aramiss18
Cry me a river and GTFO.

Seriously, people of colour are just as racist in their attitudes they just play the victim all the time.

Yep your typical closet racist right here OP. This is there answer to racism, defending racism. PATHETIC! :rolleyes:

So glad i've seen the true colours of British people so early, this racist attitudes is so deep, it's shocking. Glad i don't have to put up with it anymore. I've got genuine Black, Asian and white non-British friends who are great to be around with compared to British people.
Reply 96
haha..im indian and ive been all over to places which i fear maybe racist ..but never encountered racism...remember whereever you go in the world there shall be ignorant people...so just ignore them...psychology says they be racist and show a racist attitude because they are scared and makes them feel in control...say something back and they'll get scared or look as though you dont care and walk away...remember dont be scared to get out not all whites are the same the majority are lovely...
ajtiesto
Yep your typical closet racist right here OP. This is there answer to racism, defending racism. PATHETIC! :rolleyes:

So glad i've seen the true colours of British people so early, this racist attitudes is so deep, it's shocking. Glad i don't have to put up with it anymore. I've got genuine Black, Asian and white non-British friends who are great to be around with compared to British people.

Actually you know sod all about me and cannot draw that conclusion. I moved from Wiltshire where there are hardly any people who are not white - interestingly around those that werent white there was no problem and they were just as popular as anyone else and I had never seen racism. Moved to Leeds and suddenly its different. Took me a while to get used to people who weren't white (except my flatmate) rebuffing my attempts at friendship but got used to it. I wont deny there are racist white people of course and my Indian mate and his friends getting denied entry into a club because of being brown is disgusting but people who arnt white need to get the complex of being victimised out of their heads. I will befriend anyone of any creed or colour and have done all my life so drop your "closet racist" idea and shove it up your arse.
Aramiss18
Actually you know sod all about me and cannot draw that conclusion. I moved from Wiltshire where there are hardly any people who are not white - interestingly around those that werent white there was no problem and they were just as popular as anyone else and I had never seen racism. Moved to Leeds and suddenly its different. Took me a while to get used to people who weren't white (except my flatmate) rebuffing my attempts at friendship but got used to it. I wont deny there are racist white people of course and my Indian mate and his friends getting denied entry into a club because of being brown is disgusting but people who arnt white need to get the complex of being victimised out of their heads. I will befriend anyone of any creed or colour and have done all my life so drop your "closet racist" idea and shove it up your arse.

This

Ive noticed that non-whites can be very arrogant and difficult to make friends with sometimes, and this is as an indian. A lot of the 'ethnic' crew in my school were basically built up of wannabe gangsters and over-made up asian girls that seemed to adore them. basically if you didnt fit in with their 'swagger' you were deemed irellevant, which is why most of my friends are white/chinese. Not saying white's cant be racist, rather the contrary, however i dont think any ethnic group should be held exempt.

its a shame about your indian friend and the club. i hope they complained/got compensation etc.
Reply 99
Grow a pair.

It's probably more the fact that they don't like you.

Latest

Trending

Trending