The Student Room Group

human biology or paramedic science at uni ?

Atm, im unsure on what i want to do. i kinda want to make my mind up cos i have to start drafting my personal statement soon, and it will be completely different whatever i choose.
The thing is, i really enjoy human biology alot - love it at a level, and so doing the thing that interests me most would be human biology! however, i dont have a clue where i will go with this? what i could do?
Whereas, i've always imagined being a paramedic - makes me feel as if im making a change. I'm not sure im paramedic type (dont know if i have the complete confidence) but im active and a young carer, so i feel that the caring side will come naturally to a degree?

But im just unsure tbh! any advice??
Reply 1
casiogeek
But im just unsure tbh! any advice??

If you believe that being a paramedic is what you want to do, then go for it first off. You don't even have to do a degree in it, you can take the traditional route of entry by joining an ambulance service as an Ambulance Care Assistant and later apply for a place on a Paramedic Training course.
Alternatively, if you do want to do a degree, there are now many universities offering Paramedic Science as an undergrad.

If you know you want to do this, then I would go ahead and study it at university.

If not, why don't you go and do Human Biology at university (and hopefully enjoy it), as you can always go back an do your Paramedic Science course afterwards. Though that would be a little bit of a waste of time if you already knew you wanted to be a paramedic.

When I went to university for my undergrad, I didn't know what career I wanted, so I went and did something I really enjoyed (Human Genetics). It was really interesting, but I do wish I could have done a subject that was a vocational qualification.

Latest

Trending

Trending