The Student Room Group

smoking legal herbs... in comparison to cigarettes, how bad are these for you?

do they cause cancer like cigarettes? (not everything you smoke gives you cancer, like weed for example) and does it affect your stamina?

if cigarettes were 6/10 on a bad-for-you rating, what would smoking herbs be?

i ask because i tried them today and they tasted nice. might buy a pack, but not if it kills. i already regret starting smoking cigs at the age of 17, and want to replace them with this gay plant sh;t

Scroll to see replies

When I smoke marijuana, I smoke it pure because tobacco is bad for you, let's put it that way. (Actually these days if I do it at all, which is rare now, I vapourise, so its even less bad for you.)
By herbs to you mean weed or herbal smoking mix things?

Weed is less harmful and addictive than alcohol, or tobacco, or aspirin, or horse riding.
Reply 3
CandyFlipper
When I smoke marijuana, I smoke it pure because tobacco is bad for you, let's put it that way. (Actually these days if I do it at all, which is rare now, I vapourise, so its even less bad for you.)
with all due respect, aren't you being a bit of a pussy with weed here? smoking it pure is acceptable, but then you waste money on a vaporiser?

no offence, but stick to drinking tea please
Reply 4
DaveSmith99

Weed is less harmful and addictive than alcohol, or tobacco, or aspirin, or horse riding.
i mean the herbal smoking mix things obviously.. who the hell refers to weed as "herbs" rofl
the_somalian
with all due respect, aren't you being a bit of a pussy with weed here? smoking it pure is acceptable, but then you waste money on a vaporiser?

no offence, but stick to drinking tea please

I don't really do it to score man points, and I do drink a hell of a lot of tea actually, its genuinely a bit out of control.
the_somalian
i mean the herbal smoking mix things obviously.. who the hell refers to weed as "herbs" rofl

A lot of people refer to it as "herb" actually.
Reply 7
the_somalian

Who the hell smokes ''herbal smoking mix things''??? Smoke weed!! Much better- less harmful than anything.
Btw- I bet 9/10 people here are gonna think you're referring to weed :p:
Reply 8
DaveSmith99
A lot of people refer to it as "herb" actually.
"smoking the herb" = "smoking weed"
"smoking herbs" = "herbs that you smoke"

wow you're such a drug rookie, please stop posting
the_somalian

If you say so. I actually thought you were a rookie and was getting mixed up, but whatever
If you mean herbal cigarettes, then half of the point is that they don't contain tobacco, so are less harmful, and nicotine, so are less addictive.

If you mean weed, then it's hardly harmful at all, but has potential to cause psychological disorders if used in heavy doses over a prolonged period of time.
Reply 11
T.K.B
Who the hell smokes ''herbal smoking mix things''??? Smoke weed!! Much better- less harmful than anything.
Btw- I bet 9/10 people here are gonna think you're referring to weed :p:
i do smoke weed. but im not going to smoke a spliff every few hours am i? i don't have the money for it. i'm thinking of getting a pack of smoking herbs and rolling herb-spliffs in liqourice paper with a sprinkle of weed to catch a buzz pretty much whenever i want.

police can't talk sh;t, the smoking herbs are legal. i wouldn't be spending as much squids on weed this way either
the_somalian

Really makes you cool..

Besides, if you're such a drugs pro, why do you need to ask for advice on an aspect of drug-taking which you could probably find from Googling "herbal cigarettes"?
Reply 13
i smoke a shisha pipe with strawberry n mango flavoured tabacco, if thats what you mean?? i got mine from egypt n it has a health warning on the side so i presume it's not great, but i know its better than normal cigarettes
DaveSmith99

obviously depends as to how you grade harmful

weed has a tendency to lower the IQ greatly in chosen areas
it looks like harlem in here

WrigglyMammoth
obviously depends as to how you grade harmful

weed has a tendency to lower the IQ greatly in chosen areas

Haha thats just not true.
DaveSmith99
Haha thats just not true.

Haha, that is true, sorry

actually, ignore the haha, it's not that funny
WrigglyMammoth
Haha, that is true, sorry

actually, ignore the haha, it's not that funny

Any proof to back up that ridiculous claim?
One of my mates replaced tobacco in spliffs with a herbal smoking mix, it's really smooth and not that bad. He said it took him a while to find one he likes, but wanted to give up tobacco. I'd definitely give it a shot if i wanted to quit. It doesn't burn as well as the tobacco though, and cause it's not as sticky as tobacco if you take a big toke you'll sometimes have small bits in your mouth.

Latest

Trending

Trending