The Student Room Group
Reply 1
diablo23
basically i took my gcses way back in 2003 and im now looking to retake my gcse maths as i got a D at the time and want to get a C. Back then it was 3 tiers , foundation , intermidiate and higher. My question is this can i find out if i took the foundation or intermidiate paper as i cant remember.

ask your exam teachers
Reply 2
long gone from the school id assume and in a class of 30 doubt they would remember individual students paper tier 7 years on , would the exam bodys keep it on record maybe?.
Check your GCSE certificate? It may have the exact specification of the exam you sat. Can you remember the exam board?
Reply 4
Do you remember what was the highest possible grade you could get?
If you were able to get higher than a D (up to a B), then you sat Intermediate.
If you could only get D-G then it was Foundation.
Reply 5
ive got the certificates at home so can find the exam board and it may have the tier i sat not 100% asked my mum and she said the same as my initial feeling that it was foindation and the teacher screwed me over to make the school look better. e.g it looked better in the results table for me to get a D than to risk putting me on a higher paper and getting ungraded etc.
Reply 6
You might have been put in foundation, not sure.
Reply 7
Why does it matter? I assume your paying to redo maths so your previous grades mean pretty much nothing.
Reply 8
lovely_me
Why does it really matter?
You can only do Foundation or Higher tier these days but it sounds to me like you're Foundation maths material.

sounds like im foundation material? is that intended to be as patronizing as it sounds?.

and it matters as i was wondering if i did as well as i could with the schools choice of paper for me , when in actual fact i could maybe of achieved a C grade if they had given me the chance to.
Reply 9
you can get a C in foundation now. so if you want a C go for foundation in my opinion its very easy but people struggle im not going to say there stupid everyone has their weaknesses but if you look at previous papers for 08 09 at the higher and foundation see which one suits you foundation is c-g higher is A*-D.
Reply 10
OP, set his exams in 2003.

Latest