The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick or Lancaster for Psychology?

Well Notts was my first choice but they rejected me today - (damn never wanted to go there anyway....that much :frown:)
Anyway I've already decided on my insurance choice and now have to make a decision about my first choice. I have narrowed it down to Warwick and Lancaster (for Psychology).
Which do you think would be best>
Warwick has the best repuation overall but then Lancaster has a better reuptation for Psychology according to the league tables and stuff. Not sure if I would fit in at Warwick but really like it apart from that.
Reply 1
I'd go to Warwick. But then i don't know too much about Lancaster. Would not read too much into the league tables, as several universities (with the exception of ox/cam/imp/lse) tend to fluctuate a lot. Unfortunately, even if Lancaster has a strong department- many people would regard Warwick a better choice. If you like Warwick, but are scared about the "people" there..don' t be...you will make loads of friends :smile: On the other hand, if Lancaster rocks your boat-go there. But as it is only your "insurance" choice you may not even go..what is your first choice?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Sorry don't know if i made it clear. Lancs/Warwick is my first choice. At the moment I don't feel like i want to go to either of them as I'm so disoppointed about Nottingham lol!!
Reply 3
wtf do u think !!?? warwick of course
Reply 4
I live very near Lancaster and it's known locally as the 'windswept hell-hole in the middle of nowhere'. Having said that, I also know loads of people who go there and they all seem to love it. It has the best academic reputation of any university in the north west (even beating Manchester) and I have heard excellent things about the psychology course there. Downsides are it's a completely self-contained concrete campus, but the historic city of Lancaster is only a bus ride away. Another advantage is it operates a kind of collegiate system whereby undergraduates live in, and are members of, their own college community with people in different years studying allsorts of different subjects. It's also well-known as the student suicide capital of Europe (there's a massive tower which people used to throw themselves off) but the campus has recently been improved and Lancaster students seem to be altogether less depressed. Best to go and have a look for yourself, I'd say.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 5
*Riz*
Well Notts was my first choice but they rejected me today - (damn never wanted to go there anyway....that much :frown:)
Anyway I've already decided on my insurance choice and now have to make a decision about my first choice. I have narrowed it down to Warwick and Lancaster (for Psychology).
Which do you think would be best>
Warwick has the best repuation overall but then Lancaster has a better reuptation for Psychology according to the league tables and stuff. Not sure if I would fit in at Warwick but really like it apart from that.

omg.......blatantly warwick.....u r so lucky, i'm still waiting to hear from them. they might be my first choice, but i'm still considering Bath.

Latest