The Student Room Group
lots and lots of them. the majority of engineers i know have placements each summer
Reply 2
Depends what type of engineering and what uni your at.
Reply 3
I done Shell STEP last year and now im on the E3 Academy, work placements are great! :smile:
Reply 4
cmspargo
I done Shell STEP last year and now im on the E3 Academy, work placements are great! :smile:

Did you have lots of work experience before?

How early did you apply?

Did you have any engineering related hobbies or stuff like that?
Reply 5
zeviper
Did you have lots of work experience before?

How early did you apply?

Did you have any engineering related hobbies or stuff like that?

When I done the Shell STEP I had no previous engineering work experience, just stuff that I had done at home like building my own circuits etc, I applied quite early, I normally apply for things when the first semester starts to make sure theres plenty of time to get things sorted etc, the Shell STEP was great, a very worth while experience, I was the overall north east winner 2009 and I enjoyed every second.

If your at Newcastle or Nottingham you can join the E3 academy (search the web) and you get a grant from a sponsoring company (mine is Cummins Generator Technologies) of a substantial amount and a garunteed paid work placement during the summer (Im currently serving mine), also there is a summe rschool where you get to meet loads of engineers, make things, learn and have a good time!

Latest