The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
jo o'mera has come on a union night before, for the cheese night. whenever some celeb comes the price is £5 a ticket instea dof the usual £3-4.50. cheese nights rock! :biggrin:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
geneva_debs
well if it has (which is doubtful since this is Switzerland, land of efficiency and everything working perfectly) then i'll still have to call them...
personally, i think they send stuff here on normal english postage since its technically still europe...everything they've sent me takes at least 10 days to get here...:smile: ah well, i know for sure i've got a room so the letter bit doesnt really worry me too much...

You could always fed ex it back...
ConfusedOrange
You could always fed ex it back...

this is true...but why should i spend extra money on them when they're the ones who get it wrong... :p: it's prob more efficient if i just call them like they told me to :smile:
Reply 23
sneezyme
jo o'mera has come on a union night before, for the cheese night. whenever some celeb comes the price is £5 a ticket instea dof the usual £3-4.50. cheese nights rock! :biggrin:

Who played last year? Does anyone play at freshers ball? Who played at the Summer ball?
Reply 24
geneva_debs
but swiss chocolate is yucky!

Swiss chocolate is nice! It's like German chocolate: cheap, but tasty and milky. I think the Belgians make the most mouthwatering confectionaries though. Plus, it amuses me how many Americans look to Cadburies as something beautiful, as apparently it is so much better than their own Hershey's brand.
Reply 25
AnOdeToNoOne
Who played at the Summer ball?

The main act was Lemar (? - I think that was the name - apparently he's famous...). Can't remember who else was on, though.
Reply 26
Kew
The main act was Lemar (? - I think that was the name - apparently he's famous...). Can't remember who else was on, though.

Lol. Fantastic.
is this being serious?

jo from s club 7??? my god. that's going to require A LOT of alcohol. there any more easy-to-handle options? haha.
Reply 28
S Club 7.... Lemar.... *shudders*

Jesus, why can't they book Oasis? :biggrin:
hey rivey. did you get my message?

i think we may well be neighbours. im room 203 williams hall...

and yeh, they should have at least asked oasis
Reply 30
Rivey

Why can't they book Jesus? That would r0x0rz. He'd be healing the lepers and ting.
Reply 31
AnOdeToNoOne
Why can't they book Jesus? That would r0x0rz. He'd be healing the lepers and ting.

The slight problem with that would be that, in his physical form, he's a bit dead...

...and though I like to think I'm as tolerant as the next person, I'll be hoping their aren't too many lepers around RHUL. :wink:
Reply 32
Sgt.Fox
The slight problem with that would be that, in his physical form, he's a bit dead...

...and though I like to think I'm as tolerant as the next person, I'll be hoping their aren't too many lepers around RHUL. :wink:

He's not dead. He lives near Brick Lane.
Rivey

totally agree...lots of alcohol might make them (S Club, Lemar) sound somewhat ok (doubtful) :confused:
Reply 34
Instead of Lemar...how about Llama? How great would a singing llama be?
Reply 35
Having said that, the Summer Ball is fantastic despite the fact that some people don't like the music... :smile: Held in the quads of Founder's, for a start... and free chocolate fountains amongst other things! Free chocolate = yay!
Reply 36
Chocolate.... fountains....

:eek:
Rivey
Chocolate.... fountains....

:eek:

wrong reaction mate...it should be: Chocolate.... fountains....
:biggrin:
Reply 38
I forgot you were from Switzerland! :biggrin:
ah yes, switzerland, the land of chocolate fountains... :rolleyes: lol, what difference does that make??? (and im not swiss btw *have to make that clear*)

Latest