Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does the A-level certificate look like?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does it have module grades on? Does it have your overall UMS marks?

And does it have what you got for AS in that subject? or just the overall grade?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just says Advanced level
    Your subjects and the overall grade next to it
    No UMS marks
    No modules
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    After A2 exams you get the certificate which shows your overall grade [AS + A2]. Individual AS grades are NOT documented on your final A Level certificate. You actually get an AS certificate...

AS certificates show your AS grades in a given subject.

Certificates do NOT show UMS marks. So 300/300 and 240/300 will both appear to be the same on a certificate.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    After A2 exams you get the certificate which shows your overall grade [AS + A2]. Individual AS grades are NOT documented on your final A Level certificate. You actually get an AS certificate...

AS certificates show your AS grades in a given subject.

Certificates do NOT show UMS marks. So 300/300 and 240/300 will both appear to be the same on a certificate.

Ah right! So is there any point in keeping the AS certificates then? lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would you need an AS certificate for a subject you took to A2 level?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got certificates at the end of my AS year!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not keep your AS certificate? That's not really a big hassle to keep lol.

Unless, you aren't pleased with your AS results.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Why not keep your AS certificate? That's not really a big hassle to keep lol.

Unless, you aren't pleased with your AS results.
    what if i did all the modules at once, i mean AS and A2? Would they give me an AS certificate?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably just an A2 certificate. You get grades based on what 'qualifications' you fulfill. You get AS certificates at the end of the AS year because your units can be combined in such a way to give you an AS grade in a given subject.

I'm guessing that since you have a full A Level combination for your subjects you will be eligible for a single A Level certificate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What exactly does a single A level certificate look like?? is it both a level and as level results on the same page???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5011832.jpg 
Views:	1237 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	160350

Is this what a single A level certificate looks like? A level and AS level individual results???
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jengirl)

Is this what a single A level certificate looks like? A level and AS level individual results???
    on alevel certifcate, you get the full A2 result if ur giving it all together...
    otherwise, you get an AS level certificate first , then A2 certificate later. A2 certificate contains final (full course) marks...

it looks similar to the o level (gcse) format
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh so is that certificate fine then? Whats more common? to have an AS certificate, then an A2 certificate.... or just all together like the one above?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a pic of theirs?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh so is that certificate fine then? Whats more common? to have an AS certificate, then an A2 certificate.... or just all together like the one above?
    It depends on your school policy. Never getting an AS certificate if you were doing the full A level, or getting both AS and A level on one certificate used, to be normal. Now funding rules now mean that state schools have to cash-in ASs in Year 12 so you are likely to get AS certificates for everything after Year 12 and then A level certificates after Year 13 (maybe plus new AS grades if you re-sat AS units.)

The certificates never show the marks, only the grades.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What exactly does a single A level certificate look like?? is it both a level and as level results on the same page???

I think that is right, your A-level certificate will show both.
    • 71 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoungHef)
    I think that is right, your A-level certificate will show both.

I'd like to think that, as the posting was several months ago, this was sorted out a while ago :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 11, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.