The Student Room Group
Reply 2
niceeeeee
Reply 3
Or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_series

The main purpose is the analysis of a waveform into different sine curves.
Reply 4
I've never studied them, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. The idea, I think, is that you can approximate various functions (and particularly periodic functions) by a series of powers of trigonometric functions. This then has the advantage that the function approximation is continuous and infinitely differentiable (so you can do stuff with it). I'm probably going to read more about this over the summer, and I'll study it properly next year, so if you're still clueless in 6 months' time or so let me know :p:
Reply 5
nuodai
I've never studied them, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. The idea, I think, is that you can approximate various functions (and particularly periodic functions) by a series of powers of trigonometric functions. This then has the advantage that the function approximation is continuous and infinitely differentiable (so you can do stuff with it). I'm probably going to read more about this over the summer, and I'll study it properly next year, so if you're still clueless in 6 months' time or so let me know :p:

I think it's best if i look at some example first and then come back here....i'll probably be asking you for help pretty sooner than 6 months :p:

Latest