The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Revolutionnaire
....:puke:

Sorry

omg HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT, he's buff!
Reply 82
Oooomgg he has a chid?? Lol, actually not really that much of a shock? i mean what did you expect??
haha, and i don't understand what some girls see in him, ugh :P
Rimipie
omg HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT, he's buff!

He's too greasy and orange

During World Cup '06 I almost changed my mind but no he's just too much.
The Portuguese squad is full of uglies imo.
Portugese. From youth I've held Brazil in fond regard, probably more out of novelty than anything. So, I guess I'd have to adjust my choice: Brazillian Portugese.
Cristiano Ronaldo just has that thing going on when he's on the pitch, when he's not diving or whining like a little bitch that is. Just watching him get the ball and run down the left wing and cross or fend off like three challenges and then score and then like... rawr.

What a true douchebag though.
Reply 86
explore
haha, yep we'll see.

For knocking out my most hated team, I now respect Dutch :p:
Reply 87
Don John
For knocking out my most hated team, I now respect Dutch :p:

Lol, well the deal is off now haha, don't wanna swap anymore :P
Yeah for a second at the end i thought it could be 3-3. But yea glad they won ! :smile:
Reply 88
explore
Lol, well the deal is off now haha, don't wanna swap anymore :P
Yeah for a second at the end i thought it could be 3-3. But yea glad they won ! :smile:

Aw yeah the Uruguayans all credit to them really played their hearts out in ET. My dad wanted them to win! I probably cheered more when Holland won than when England beat Slovenia :biggrin:
Reply 89
Don John
Aw yeah the Uruguayans all credit to them really played their hearts out in ET. My dad wanted them to win! I probably cheered more when Holland won than when England beat Slovenia :biggrin:

Haha yeah i think i might have cheered more too :smile:
But was supporting them since the start of the world cup :wink:
Now i want Germany to win against Spain haha, now there's a team i don't like :P
Reply 90
explore
Haha yeah i think i might have cheered more too :smile:
But was supporting them since the start of the world cup :wink:
Now i want Germany to win against Spain haha, now there's a team i don't like :P

Yeah, sure :wink:
Reply 91
Don John
Yeah, sure :wink:

Haha, no really i was :smile:
Reply 92
explore
Haha, no really i was :smile:

In the way that I remembered that I support Man U 20 seconds after they won the Carling Cup :biggrin:
Reply 93
Don John
In the way that I remembered that I support Man U 20 seconds after they won the Carling Cup :biggrin:

Haha, Seriously might be hard to believe but i was.
What can i say,the teams i support always go far, in the case of Man U as well :P Lol

Might be because of me cheering for them :P
Reply 94
explore
Haha, Seriously might be hard to believe but i was.
What can i say,the teams i support always go far, in the case of Man U as well :P Lol

Might be because of me cheering for them :P

In the way that the alignment of the planets chooses how our lives pan out...not :p:
Reply 95
Lol, Yeah something like that is about accurate :wink:
Reply 96
I'd pick Italian again. Although I do prefer Portuguese over Spanish and find the sounds quite interesting, I much prefer Italian for its cultural richness. I very much like Italian literature and the music, art and civilisation are, I find, far more fascinating than Spanish/Portuguese, so Italian gets my vote. Plus the food :coma:

Pop_tart
Difficult one, Italian is a quite pretty language but If must be honest, spanish italian french, it's all sort of in the same corner and nothing special really.
Portuguese however is a very unique language! It has sounds that you don't really find in spanish for example. it has about triple the ammount of speakers of italian. I would definitely choose portuguese. Although most people know where it is spoken (obviously) not many people learn it in school or at uni where as Italian, gosh loads of people speak italian and is nothing special :P

Sound-like, Portuguese is definitely in the same boring corner as Spanish, Italian and French, and out of them all, I'd say it's closer to French than Spanish or Italian, it's not as musical as Italian, not as Latin-sounding as Spanish and it has nasalised sounds you don't find in Italian or Spanish, but exist in French.
Anatheme
I'd pick Italian again. Although I do prefer Portuguese over Spanish and find the sounds quite interesting, I much prefer Italian for its cultural richness. I very much like Italian literature and the music, art and civilisation are, I find, far more fascinating than Spanish/Portuguese, so Italian gets my vote. Plus the food :coma:

Sound-like, Portuguese is definitely in the same boring corner as Spanish, Italian and French, and out of them all, I'd say it's closer to French than Spanish or Italian, it's not as musical as Italian, not as Latin-sounding as Spanish and it has nasalised sounds you don't find in Italian or Spanish, but exist in French.

...It's closer to Spanish. :colondollar:
People saying Portuguese sounds like Russian - wtf, no it doesn't. :lolwut: At best, it might have a slightly Slavic air about it, but this is barely; it certainly does not sound as far east as that.

Might be because I speak Russian that I say that, though. :p:

Back on topic, I'd probably go for Portuguese, just because it's useful both as a European passport and travelling through former colonies. That, and Portugal is Britain's oldest ally - might as well repay them their loyal years of friendship. :wink:
Reply 99
Ladipidoo
...It's closer to Spanish. :colondollar:

I still reckons it sounds more French than Spanish. :holmes:

Latest