The Student Room Group

Politics or Sociology???? Which course??????

I have to start writing my personal statement soon, however I am really unsure which course to do. Politics, Sociology or a combined course. I am interested in both but I have heard that employers value a Politics degree more.

Also does anyone do combined politics and sociology and if so what do you think of it??

Thanks
Sociology is valued! Personally I reckon Sociology would be more interesting, but then others will say Politics... so yeah. That's not much help.

Do a combined course then? Or really research what modules etc you'd be studying in both? Do what interests you, not what employers value more!
Reply 2
CHLOE_ROSE1993
I have to start writing my personal statement soon, however I am really unsure which course to do. Politics, Sociology or a combined course. I am interested in both but I have heard that employers value a Politics degree more.

Also does anyone do combined politics and sociology and if so what do you think of it??

Thanks

Do a combined course, you get a good round picture of society and the management of it and the grade boundaries are lovely and low , ABB for Warwick and Durham.

Good luck

Latest