The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes it does, there is one algorithm which is used to find the optimum route through a network, what is it called? :confused: it has been a year since I last looked at D1. :rolleyes:
m1 OCR was hard this year (2005 jun), if anyone did it, you'll know what I mean.

i've done a few edexcel/ocr m1 papers and they were fine, it was just this year's paper!!
Reply 22
I did M1 last year for AS, now i'm doing S1. And believe me when I say this, I'm dreading every second of it. :frown:
Reply 23
jam_boy
I did M1 last year for AS, now i'm doing S1. And believe me when I say this, I'm dreading every second of it. :frown:

That bad? really? Do you mean as in its difficult, or boring?
Reply 24
Boring I'd imagine.
I did M1 and S1 last year and without revising a scraped a B in both. I reckon if you like Physics you'll like M1 but if you do S1 you'll find it easier to start of with, but then it gets harder.

Is S2 is easier than M2?
Reply 26
I found M1 distinctly easier and this is from someone who just doesn't like applied maths in general...
I do have an intense hatred of Stats though, so that probaby had a negative effect on my concentration levels, and thus how difficult I found it...
Reply 27
which one you find the easiest is down to your own abilities.

i personally think they're both as easy as each other. however S1 is exetremely boring.
When u revised well for M1 u pretty much know where u lost ur marks after an exam (after talking to ur friends lol). For S1 theres soo many little mistakes to be made. Like giving an answer to the wrong dp etc. However S1 is easyer to learn. But I prefer M1.
Reply 29
thanks a lot guys for ur opinons,

but i said at the start , i dont give a damn if s1 is boring or real maths, yet people still keep saying that..

which is easier , or easier to get marks in , coz i'll get all h enjoyment i nedd if i get an A , even if i do have to draw stem and leaf digrams.

so which is easier ?????

dont mention which is boring , and i dont five a s**t if its real maths or not
Reply 30
I'd say S1 is easier but theres more to learn. Only problem is little silly mistakes are easy to make, but you should be fine. In our college we had the choice too and i found that most the girls done S1 while the boys picked the mechanics. I did them both and theres not much between them but id prefer S1. Also S2 is easier than both M1 and S1 whch i found strange.
Asjad, neither can be totally easier to get higher UMS in, because if this was the case, everyone would do one applied subject and the exam board would need to change their specifications...it honestly depends on which you are better on...I would say if your a careful worker, S1, if more reckless i.e. just putting answers in, then M1.

And DarkEnergy, are you referring to the infamous Djikstra's algorithm?...they were fun aswell :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Do both!

As for S2 / M2. I am just doing both of these at the moment (for Christmas) and I and so far S2 is easier. But M2 isn't difficult so far either.
KAISER_MOLE
Asjad, neither can be totally easier to get higher UMS in, because if this was the case, everyone would do one applied subject and the exam board would need to change their specifications...it honestly depends on which you are better on...I would say if your a careful worker, S1, if more reckless i.e. just putting answers in, then M1.

And DarkEnergy, are you referring to the infamous Djikstra's algorithm?...they were fun aswell :rolleyes:

that's the one, what are the other important ones called? :confused:
Reply 34
darkenergy
that's the one, what are the other important ones called? :confused:

Kruskal and Prim...?

Unlike the whole Decision Maths spec., which is rather more prim than crucial...

Aitch
oh yeah, I remember now. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 36
dont mention which is boring , and i dont five a s**t if its real maths or not

I really hope your not going to do maths at uni, because I think for most people who do it there do the topics they want to do for their enjoyment. That's what I'm planning to do.
Reply 37
well, i'm not doin maths at uni, i just want to get a cheap A and run away like a caward if thats ok with u
i did both S1 and M1 and found the S1 exam easier then my M1 exam but did better in my M1 exam. I had a better understanding of M1 though. S1 i didnt like
Reply 39
Lil_J
That bad? really? Do you mean as in its difficult, or boring?

Boring. Very Boring. And to top that, there's only 3 people in my class. The rest of my previous class chose to do M2 instead.

Latest