The Student Room Group

On contraceptive pill and having stomach cramps and feeling sick! Help?

I started the contraceptive pill last month (cilest) and i've taken 1 pack and had my 7 pill-free days where i had my period. I then started the pack after i had my 7 pill free days, and i've taken it as normal.
I'm half way through my second pack and for the past few days i've been having stomach aches and feeling sick.
Last night i was heaving a lot and felt like i was going to and needed to be sick, but i wasn't.

I did have sex on the day where i took my first pill of my second pack. Could this have effected it? I know there is chance i could be pregnant.. But would i get these symptoms so early if i was? Could it just be something i ate? Could it be a stomach bug? I'm so confused and kind of worried. It's odd i havent been sick..
Any suggestions?

Thanks xxx
It's hard to say - perhaps you were just feeling a bit off? Don't worry too much about anything... in a month, if you're still worried, take a test, but don't worry otherwise :smile: might just be that the pill isn't right for you?
Reply 2
kellyio2
I started the contraceptive pill last month (cilest) and i've taken 1 pack and had my 7 pill-free days where i had my period. I then started the pack after i had my 7 pill free days, and i've taken it as normal.
I'm half way through my second pack and for the past few days i've been having stomach aches and feeling sick.
Last night i was heaving a lot and felt like i was going to and needed to be sick, but i wasn't.

I did have sex on the day where i took my first pill of my second pack. Could this have effected it? I know there is chance i could be pregnant.. But would i get these symptoms so early if i was? Could it just be something i ate? Could it be a stomach bug? I'm so confused and kind of worried. It's odd i havent been sick..
Any suggestions?

Thanks xxx

My girlfriend had the same symptoms as you about a week after she started taking it, she's on Microgynon 30 though, but I guess they're both similar. We searched it on the internet and apparently it's common to get these symptoms, and it's advised you persevere as the symptoms usually go away, however if after you've had your 3 months worth and it's not gone, or if the symptoms are unbearable, you should see your doctor. Her stomach pains have gone away now, so I guess you shouldn't worry. :smile:
Reply 3
Feeling of sickness often happens when you take the pill, but not sure if that's the only reason ..
Reply 4
You can have sex at any time during the cycle while on the pill, the chances of getting prgnant shouldn't differ.

It could be unrelated to the pill, it could be a delayed 'side effect'- thes usually go away after a couple of months of being on the pill.

My advice- go to the doctor just to get it checked out, if it's nothing to worry about then no harm done, if there is an issue they can sort it. They'll ask you stuff like when you started the pill and where abouts the pain is/what type of pain, maybe feel your stomach, then they can eliminated other causes such as pregnancy. Then they should give you your options :smile:

x
i was on microgynon 30 a few years ago for medical reasons, i had SO many side effects :frown: i went on another one and it was completely fine, just try something else if symptoms persist - they do vary quite a bit. maybe even progesterone only if the combined pill is too bad (but the doctor will help you with this more). symptoms should go away after a couple of months, but if they dont then go back and change pills :smile: having sex shouldnt affect it, dont worry :smile:
Reply 6
1 pack = 1 month. I've had the 1 pack and i'm halfway through my second. It's really weird cause i'm not actually sick. Just feel it really bad. I'll wait till my period comes, and if i still feel it then i'll go to the docs.
Worst thing is feeling sick and not actually being sick! lol xxx
stop eating them tubs
Reply 8
Im on the same pill as your gf and im also starting to experience pain and nausea sympotms but due to exams ive been under a lot of stress casusing anxiety. I am visitin my nurse just to be on the safe side though

Latest

Trending

Trending