The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

galenicals

Scroll to see replies

I'm muscial! But if i want to do netball and music can i? I hope its not county players! I'll be scared.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
me too. we can stick togeather and hide in the corner :smile:
Reply 42
you can do loads - don't worry. people play in several teams, do music, and have time for rehearsals for whatever, all at the same time. after all, you've all got in and therefore by default are multi-talented and multi-tasking. no the netball team isn't full of county players. and if you're really really worried that you can't catch a ball or something, you can always be netball 'social' captain :smile:
yea how musical? i used to play the oboe and enjoyed it, but havent played for a good few years. wud be nice to get into it again, only trouble is, i dont have an instrument!
Reply 44
dr.jv
at the fresh fayre there's a room tucked away on - i can't remember which floor' - where all the medic societies are located. sign up for the sports teams there. don't worry about being good enough or not. all medics are welcome into all teams - most county and above players tend to play for the uni. that said, some teams have national players and beginners in the same side - that's the beauty of it.

On the subject of societies, any of you who are musical should sign up for medics music - that's taking off this year and will hopefully be a great success.

It better had take off! I'm on the committee! Mwhwhahahahahahahhahahaaaa *ahem*
Reply 45
Shelbycakes
I'm muscial! But if i want to do netball and music can i? I hope its not county players! I'll be scared.

You can indeed! If you want to audition for an Orchestra there's the BUMS orchestras. If you don't, then join the Symphonia (BUS) or the Medics Orchestra. I'm social sec for BUS and attempting to be a web manager for MM (Medics Music)

BUS have rehearsals on Wednesday evenings - so you'll have to get the student bus down - also known as UBU bus, it's in the Grammar School (BGS) opposite the Hawthorns.

Reason for all the abbreviations - saves a lot of time typing it all out :P

Medics Music - i believe are on Sundays - best to check on galenicals.org.uk and have a look at Simon's page - it's on there somewheres...
Reply 46
Speaking of Simon...has anyone introduced the incoming Freshers to Bluespeter?
They are a really well known student band and a firm favourite at practically every other ball that happens in Bristol. If you haven't heard them you will do soon - you just can't help but dance to their stuff. Aside from the fact that a couple of them are friends of mine, they are awesome and according to their website, they're playing at a few halls this term. http://www.bluespeter.co.uk don't miss them! (they'll love me for this)
Right, i sing, play clarinet, flute and really wanna do sport too. And also caving. arrgh
Reply 48
discodan
They are a really well known student band and a firm favourite at practically every other ball that happens in Bristol. If you haven't heard them you will do soon - you just can't help but dance to their stuff. Aside from the fact that a couple of them are friends of mine, they are awesome and according to their website, they're playing at a few halls this term. http://www.bluespeter.co.uk don't miss them! (they'll love me for this)

:wink: :biggrin: woohoo!
Reply 49
yey! they are comin to Hiatt baker

i can sort of play the cello but haven't played in a looooooong time but i can read music
You could learn a new instrument!
Reply 51
discodan

OOooooh! I didn't know that's what they were called! Either that or i was too drunk to realise it! Goodness me, saw them at the medics ball and they were AWESOME - the dude pete on the trumpet did an awesome solo with the symphonia - gonna miss that guy! Taken over his and simon's roles for next year anyhoo! Anyhoo ^ that band are awesome and i'd highly reccommend them to anybody - especially someone who can teach me how to spell...
Reply 52
i want to do medics hockey too! so sign up at freshers... by the way whats the initiation like are they VERY cruel?
Reply 53
Rach1306
i want to do medics hockey too! so sign up at freshers... by the way whats the initiation like are they VERY cruel?

just watch out for the funnel. the website explains......... :eek:

(don't let it put you off joining tho - everyone's great!)
initiation? oh dear.....
Reply 55
Shelbycakes
initiation? oh dear.....

if you're clever like me, you can just seemlessly start playing for the team without anyone realising you've never been initiated! hush hush tho.

it's all optional anyway and pretty much light-hearded good fun. no-one's pressured into doing anything they feel uncomfortable with.
Can i just smile, and bring alcohol?
Reply 57
Shelbycakes
Can i just smile, and bring alcohol?

they'll be plenty of both going on :-) .....
I can add an extra special Shelby smile and some extra special alcohol!
Reply 59
Shelbycakes
I can add an extra special Shelby smile and some extra special alcohol!

and not even a hockey stick in sight!! :rolleyes: :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending