The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

So when does freshers actually start?

Got my e-mail through to login to the 'Welcome site' for Leeds Met, i havent been 100% sure about my start date but it says on my 'Contract' the start of term is 27th Sept, and above it says 'Start of Welcome Week' as 20th Sept. Is this the start of freshers? Is this the same for pretty much everyone, despite the course?

Also as a couple of side questions, can anyone give me any idea of when your student loan comes through? Is it on your start-date?
And another thing, has anyone else been put on the allocations list? I paid my deposit the other week and as I paid it so late they said you no longer have a choice and just basically get what i'm given - I guess this cant be too bad I'm not really bothered where I am, I just hope I get somewhere fairly close to the station, has anyone been put on the allocations list for their first year and whered you get, where you happy with it?

I seriously have no idea what im doing, i'm just waiting to hear back about my accomodation, and my finance, at this moment in time i dont know what the hells going on.

Any help appreciated.
joebloom
Got my e-mail through to login to the 'Welcome site' for Leeds Met, i havent been 100% sure about my start date but it says on my 'Contract' the start of term is 27th Sept, and above it says 'Start of Welcome Week' as 20th Sept. Is this the start of freshers? Is this the same for pretty much everyone, despite the course?

Also as a couple of side questions, can anyone give me any idea of when your student loan comes through? Is it on your start-date?
And another thing, has anyone else been put on the allocations list? I paid my deposit the other week and as I paid it so late they said you no longer have a choice and just basically get what i'm given - I guess this cant be too bad I'm not really bothered where I am, I just hope I get somewhere fairly close to the station, has anyone been put on the allocations list for their first year and whered you get, where you happy with it?

I seriously have no idea what im doing, i'm just waiting to hear back about my accomodation, and my finance, at this moment in time i dont know what the hells going on.

Any help appreciated.

Freshers starts from 1st Sept onwards, the second years ironically kick off freshers as they move into accomodations on 1st Sept a lot of em at least and want to get in before the hordes and get some partying in before the new lot arrive.

I mean officially yea 20thish at Leeds Uni's is the norm for freshers week then you gotta turn up to intro stuff on 27th onwards. Stuff on 20th is just how to use library and tours n all sorts of randomly useful things going on.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
misterxninja
Freshers starts from 1st Sept onwards, the second years ironically kick off freshers as they move into accomodations on 1st Sept a lot of em at least and want to get in before the hordes and get some partying in before the new lot arrive.

I mean officially yea 20thish at Leeds Uni's is the norm for freshers week then you gotta turn up to intro stuff on 27th onwards. Stuff on 20th is just how to use library and tours n all sorts of randomly useful things going on.

Ahh okay, cheers for clearing that up.
Reply 3
My freshers starts on the 13th because I'm at LCAD and we start earlier than the uni's.
Reply 4
hey im a 3rd year student at leeds met and work for a promo company so deal with running all the nights for students all year but most importantly freshers weeks.... freshers sunday officially starts on the 19th september.... and Gatecrasher is the place to be heading.. add me on fb katie johnson and i can tell you more about freshers if anyone wants to knw?

heres a usefull link aswell to help you on your way! http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=11090757099

Latest