The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Any Froggatt people?

Found out yesterday that I've been given Froggatt as my accommodation next year. Was wondering if there was anyone else?

Can't wait to get uni! :yep:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm Froggatt too! Any idea what its like?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
SwiftRyu
I'm Froggatt too! Any idea what its like?

There's a few photos on this page (sorta just over half way down the first page of the thread) of someone's froggatt room and kitchen.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=596937

And a quick google search should turn up a couple of small pictures of the outside. From looking around and at maps, I'm pretty sure froggatt is near the pond.

It looks pretty good :biggrin:
froggatt g3 :smile:
Reply 4
I'm E3 :biggrin:
Reply 5
I'm in Froggatt F5, anyone else?? :smile:
Reply 6
dropdeadlizzy19
froggatt g3 :smile:

I'm G3. Hey neighbour! :smile:

What course you doing?
English lit. You're studying history right?
Reply 8
dropdeadlizzy19
English lit. You're studying history right?

Yep. English and History students study in the same building I think. We'll be bumping into each other a lot. :p:

I really liked the look of the building when I visited. The rooms felt a bit cramped, but the windows on either side helped.
Reply 9
SwiftRyu
Yep. English and History students study in the same building I think. We'll be bumping into each other a lot. :p:

I really liked the look of the building when I visited. The rooms felt a bit cramped, but the windows on either side helped.

Just gonna squeeze myself into this conversation. History wooop! :yep:
Reply 10
Two years ago I was certain I'd be doing English at Uni. Then I took a step back and realised I enjoyed my history lessons a lot more than my English lessons. It was a strange realisation but it made total sense. Why commit to a three year course with a subject I didn't like that much? My passion for history is higher than anything else, so I'm pleased its all worked out in the end.

Not to put down any English students, it just wasn't for me. :p:
Reply 11
lianne19
I'm in Froggatt F5, anyone else?? :smile:

I'm in F5 too :smile: message me if you want to!
Reply 12
Aww man, did they send you guys letters? I haven't heard anything yet =/
SwiftRyu

Not sure that all us History students are lumped together; I'm going to be doing History and Philosophy next year and I'm out in Stephenson Hall...on my own as far as I can tell haha.

Think I should be worried?:s-smilie:
Reply 14
EddieTheEagle
Not sure that all us History students are lumped together; I'm going to be doing History and Philosophy next year and I'm out in Stephenson Hall...on my own as far as I can tell haha.

Think I should be worried?:s-smilie:

I think they were referring to the buildings they'll be learning in, not where they're living. Most accommodation is all mixed up, in terms of the subjects people are studying. :yep:
Reply 15
Yeah, I meant the designated buildings for History and English. Should have made it clearer. Although I've heard not all History and English students study in the Jessop building.
Reply 16
you wont spend much time in the jessop building, you'll be put in whatever building has free seminar rooms, probably hicks or bartoleme house.
Reply 17
Hey Froggatt people! :smile:

If you are facebook users, join this group

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=109542359096697&ref=ts

Might help you find your flatmates!
Reply 18
lianne19
Hey Froggatt people! :smile:

If you are facebook users, join this group

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=109542359096697&ref=ts

Might help you find your flatmates!

Thanks for that Lianne! Lots of people :biggrin: