The Student Room Group

GCSE History Controlled Assessment - Help please!

I'm doing GCSE History with WJEC (the new specification). I've done one exam and we're starting our controlled assessment (a.k.a coursework :p: ) There are two questions to complete - one is worth 30 marks and the other is worth 20 marks. We're going to do the 30 mark question this year. Our teacher told us that the word limit on the questions are 1200 words for the 30 mark question and 800 words for the 20 mark question. However, I was reading the specification yesterday and it said that the word limit is 1000 words and 500 words respectively. I'm a bit stumped because I write a lot in exams (we have to look at 8 sources which would take up a lot of words ) and our teacher says that you get marks knocked off if you go over a certain number of words.
Clarification please? :smile:
I did my coursework last year :smile:
I went over greatly :sad: but where you lose marks, you gain them in other areas. I went over by about 500 extra words.. I ended up with an A :biggrin:
don't worry about word limits!

But don't be mad and go over too much!
Reply 2
Thanks for the assurance! :smile: Much appreciated!
Your welcome :love:
Reply 4
Don't worry about word limit, for my history coursework this year, I wrote loads and loads and ended up going over the word limit, like over 600words.. and I got full marks :smile:

Latest