The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Just another question on the topic of banks, which banks are on campus?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
HSBC
Natwest
and i think Barclays
Reply 3
Bex!
HSBC
Natwest
and i think Barclays

yeh it is barclays, so choose one of hose preferably, otherwise you'll have to trudge on down to town to get stuff sorted out. In the barclays cash macine you can get out £5 notes every so often...
Reply 4
sometimes, i go to the barclays one and just get a fiver out, just because i can.

haha
Reply 5
Is there a halifax in town?
Reply 6
Natwest has a very good student account, they have the second best overdraft policy (after halifax) but unlike halifax it also gives you a free 5 year young persons railcard which is definitely worth it (worth £20 a year). And having a branch on campus I am sure will also be a bonus!
Reply 7
Can anybody please confirm are all those facilities of student account also available to international students too?
like those of overdraft and rail card.
Reply 8
Janealams
Can anybody please confirm are all those facilities of student account also available to international students too?
like those of overdraft and rail card.

As far as i know they are available to you yes...altho check just to make sure!

Juat a tip, open a student acccount at home with sum1 like HSBC and then find one of the natwest reps in the union during freshers week in the day and open a natwest one as well. This way u can get two gifts and/or two overdrafts should u need them in an emergency :rolleyes: e.g. u need to buy anuther rd of drinks in the union...hahaha

of course this is entirely upto yourselves...
:wink:
yes there's definatley a halifax in l'boro town.
Reply 10
HSBC i would say., is the best of all, it has its own reaches, and dnt forget( free 512 meg mp3 player) :P
Reply 11
prav_87
HSBC i would say., is the best of all, it has its own reaches, and dnt forget( free 512 meg mp3 player) :P

Natwest is offering Rail card worth 100 GBP.
But i want mp3 player too....lol :biggrin:
Reply 12
I would have gone for the mp3 player but i already have an ipod mini! But the railcard will be really useful over the next 5 years....
Reply 13
i dnt realy care much abt the overdrafts, im very less likely going to have to use that feature
Reply 14
prav_87
i dnt realy care much abt the overdrafts, im very less likely going to have to use that feature

Well excuse me.....sorry mate didnt know you were rich!

:frown:
Reply 15
well u gt me wrong m8.. im not rich as u think, ive just earned what i have saved for uni.... by the way ppl use overdraft cos they overspend, n rich ppl more likely to do that than me... im jus satisfied with what ive saved and i think that will be enough for this year, im still workin n save some for the following years :biggrin:
Reply 16
prav_87
well u gt me wrong m8.. im not rich as u think, ive just earned what i have saved for uni.... by the way ppl use overdraft cos they overspend, n rich ppl more likely to do that than me... im jus satisfied with what ive saved and i think that will be enough for this year, im still workin n save some for the following years :biggrin:

Yeh ive worked and saved, and then i'll work next summer and save again for the 2nd year, so now i dont ave 2 work while im at uni!! :biggrin:
Reply 17
get_a_life
Yeh ive worked and saved, and then i'll work next summer and save again for the 2nd year, so now i dont ave 2 work while im at uni!! :biggrin:

yep u got it right there mate, some ppl think it differently! :confused:
Reply 18
i worked this last year and have saved loads and will work next summer to save for the second year...
Reply 19
You got it, man.. cant wait to get going, 2 more weeks to go... :eek: