The Student Room Group
Reply 1
That is the correct way if the modules carry the same weight which i think they should do
Reply 2
that sounds about right, check your departments handbook to make sure though as things may be weighted differently (coursework worth less than exam results, for example).

the course handbook should be available on your university's website for your department.
Reply 3
each module is is 20 credits - so going by this my average is 10.67, so I'd round that to 11?
My uni uses this method, I'm guessing it should work for everyone?

Multiply each module mark by the amount of credits for that module (e.g. 70x15 where you got 70 on a 15 credit module). Add these up then divide by 120 (I'm guessing this is your total number of credits for the year, if its not 120 then divide by whatever it is)
Reply 5
starshine123
each module is is 20 credits - so going by this my average is 10.67, so I'd round that to 11?

no, the number you get should be much higher than that.

e.g.
1st = 70% +
2:1 = 60% +
2:2 = 50% +
3rd = 45% +
pass = 40% +
fail = < 40%

work out the classification for each module you've done, then add those up and divide by the total number of modules done... to work out an overall classification.

first year results dont count towards your degree though, so dont worry too much :smile:
Reply 6
stargirl001
My uni uses this method, I'm guessing it should work for everyone?

Multiply each module mark by the amount of credits for that module (e.g. 70x15 where you got 70 on a 15 credit module). Add these up then divide by 120 (I'm guessing this is your total number of credits for the year, if its not 120 then divide by whatever it is)

ah i get what you mean, this means that your modules may not be weighted equally. follow what the handbook says and see what the result is :smile:
Reply 7
Hey guys I figured it out - it was in the handbook must have overlooked it. My uni doesn't uses percenteges it uses grade points. So what I was told at first by someone else was right. Thanks for your help everyone :smile:

Latest