The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough University Halls of Residence

Hi, I've chosen Loughborough as my first choice uni and was wondering if any current students could give me some advice as to which halls of residence are the best or which areas (e.g West, Village, Central or East). Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Try the accommodation topic :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
It all depends on your needs: any price limits? en-suite? catered/self catered?
Reply 3
Kallysplash
Hi, I've chosen Loughborough as my first choice uni and was wondering if any current students could give me some advice as to which halls of residence are the best or which areas (e.g West, Village, Central or East). Thanks!

which course?
U prefer to be closer to the union or the department?
Cheap hall, or it doesn't matter to u?
En-suite, single or with roomate?
Reply 4
Publishing with English. Preferably cheap, single, on suite not important, closer to union
Reply 5
In that case, go Bill Mo.
Reply 6
I agree with Lukas.
Reply 7
Bill Mo - just off campus, near the Union
Towers - Eventually will be the tower block right near the english department, not far from the Union, catered (which will save you money in the long run and give you a twice daily social experience but does restrict what and when you can eat)
Then for the 'student life' there is the village halls (Rutherford, Cayley, Faraday, Royce) - all catered, about 10 minutes from the Union, 15 minutes from English, near a shop, near the library.
Reply 8
Actually towers is bound to be great this year! The downside is that it's catered..
Go for Bill Mo...close to union and just 15min away(it always took me 15mins from bill mo to the department) from your department (library)
Reply 10
mozza345
Bill Mo - just off campus, near the Union
Towers - Eventually will be the tower block right near the english department, not far from the Union, catered (which will save you money in the long run and give you a twice daily social experience but does restrict what and when you can eat)
Then for the 'student life' there is the village halls (Rutherford, Cayley, Faraday, Royce) - all catered, about 10 minutes from the Union, 15 minutes from English, near a shop, near the library.

If you can actually cook and club together with flatmates/housemates, you can actually save a bunch.
Reply 11
Lukas7
If you can actually cook and club together with flatmates/housemates, you can actually save a bunch.

Big if though in first year
Reply 12
mozza345
Big if though in first year

Yeah, plus, I think halls in the first year is very important socially
Reply 13
Lukas7
Yeah, plus, I think halls in the first year is very important socially

Absolutely.

For catered halls the meal times put you in social situations 2-3 times a day, which is helpful for friend making.

For self-catered, I guess if you all eat together then that introduces a strong bond
Im going Loughborough for chemical engineering what accommodation should I choose?
Original post by Mad_Study
Im going Loughborough for chemical engineering what accommodation should I choose?

it depends if you're on a high or low budget; when i visited at an open day robert bakewell looked the best but you pay for it i.e. it's expensive
so,

i chose telford because it's near the chemistry dep, cheap, in the village - near library, shop, bar , sports ect the downside is i will have to share a bathroom...

hope this helps?!
Anyone starting Loughborough this September should certainly check out;

http://www.lsu.co.uk/society/velocity/

The ideal society for anyone interested in transport, travel, aviation and logistics alike.
If anyone is still reading this thread, I'm also wondering where I would like to move in. I'll be studying Computing and Management. Prefer a social setting, catered and on the cheaper side. Suggestions?
Reply 18
does anybody know when we get our move in dates? I've paid the room bond but the move in date still says not available :s-smilie:
Hi Mattchuh

You're move in date is in your contract that you would have had as part of paying your room bond.

Have a read through and if you still can't find it, send me a PM and I'll look in to it for you.

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest