The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Uni. Southampton Masters 2010/11

So all you Master students, what course are you studying? Wheresabout you from? Are you guaranteed accommodation?

Let me start things off.... :smile:

I'm Keeley from Hong Kong and I'm going to be studying MSc Digital Marketing. I applied recently so I only got an offer like two weeks ago, so I'm trying to sort out/settle all my documents (transcripts, etc) to secure my conditional offer. I am still in the process of filling out the accommodation form online - hoping to get into Wessex Lane or Glen Eyre halls! =]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not sure if you'll find many people on here who are doing a similar thing to you but welcome to the Southampton uni forum! Both halls are good fun so I'm sure you'll have a great year.

Hopefully see you around. :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks Shebz - I hope to meet some Masters students around here and fingers crossed I get into them halls :smile:
Reply 3
MPhys Physics and Astronomy :smile: - I have Wessex lane monte 3/4 as top choice. Hopefully I get in there.

I am happy to add anyone on Facebook if they want to 'know' someone before they get to Uni. http://www.facebook.com/PaulJamesWright
Reply 4
MOceanography with French :smile:

If I get the grades :/ !
Reply 5
Hey, I'm Ghanaian but I live in Germany. MSc in Management. Looking for private accomodation and looking to make friends too.
Reply 6
Msc Mechatronics... got my accommodation in Margaret Hall...even thru I never asked for it..wanted in Wessex or Glen Eyre... I am international student so hardly have any idea abt alternative accommodation..so I will be forced to accept it..
I'm from the UK and I'm starting an MRes Ocean Science in October. I should be going into halls too. We should all go for a drink sometime?
Reply 8
MMarBiol Marine Biology- I just can't wait!! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hi everyone!
I'm 25, italian, starting a MSc in Oceanography (path: Physical Oceanography & Climate Dyanmics) in September. Can't wait!!
I applyed for accommodation in halls but I don't know if I'll get any offer (beeing an EU postgraduate student) so I'm also house hunting in the mean time, looking for something not too far from the city centre and the NOC (my lectures will be all based there). If someone else is looking for a place to stay, you might want to get in touch...just drop me a pm.
Hope to see you around soon!
Reply 10
Msc Natural Sciences (I hope!) so Chemistry and Ocean Science :smile:n I'm an undergraduate.
Reply 11
Are most of you guys doing Postgrad masters?

Just wondering as I am doing an undergrad masters, and I can see for what people have said, a few are also doing undergrad in this thread.
Reply 12
Hiya peeps, I'm Tim from Hong Kong and i'm doing MSc Sociology and Social research. Just wanna ask if anyone here is gonna live in beechmount house or am I the only one allocated there :frown:?
Reply 13
Well, there was almost no chance for us (UK and EU students) to get in halls, so I'm going for private rented.
But I'm sure there are other overseas postgrads hiding somewhere! :smile:
Reply 14
Alice_M
Well, there was almost no chance for us (UK and EU students) to get in halls, so I'm going for private rented.
But I'm sure there are other overseas postgrads hiding somewhere! :smile:

I'm an overseas postgrad and still haven't found a place to live. Im getting all nervous now:eek3:
Reply 15
DivineGH
I'm an overseas postgrad and still haven't found a place to live. Im getting all nervous now:eek3:

Did you apply for halls? I'm pretty sure you have a guarantee of accommodation (if you WANT to live in halls).
If you mean renting privately...I totally understand! Also our (we are 4) house-hunt is still a work in progress and I can't wait to know where exactly I'll be living!!
Reply 16
No I didn't apply for halls. Wanted to rent privately- it's so hard especially when you're not there. I'm also looking with three other people. Just hope things work out. All the best in your search.
Reply 17
thanks! same for you!
Reply 18
Hello!!MSc sustainable enegy technologies in school of engineering sciences,China. I am going to stay in old terrace,Glen Eyre. hopefully see you all later! :D
I'm doing an MMath course, just about to go into the final year of the BSc. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending