The Student Room Group
If you give us the name of the college, it'll probably be on their website somewhere.
Reply 2
Revolution is my Name
If you give us the name of the college, it'll probably be on their website somewhere.

Its actually not there!
Reply 3
Call them up and ask them.
Skaterkid
Its actually not there!

From the prospectus:
The full A-level is assessed by three more unit
examinations and one piece of coursework.

As far as I'm aware, OCR MEI are the only board to have coursework, so you're probably with them :smile:
Reply 5
Revolution is my Name
From the prospectus:

As far as I'm aware, OCR MEI are the only board to have coursework, so you're probably with them :smile:

Doesn't mention.

whats ur review on ORC MEI
Reply 6
Still......
Reply 7
Skaterkid
Hey, I went to my college induction yesterday and I had a maths lesson. I forgot to ask the teacher what board the college does for A level maths, however they gave everyone a sheet about the course and it doesnt mention what board the course is. On the sheet the course said in the AS year we would be doing C1, C2 and S1 and the books we will be using are from Ian Stewart or UKMT.

HELP?

PS: College is NewVIc

Well it aint the CIE board, tht's for sure :p:
Reply 8
Looks like you are on the OCR MEI board which is good news. It is supposed to be difficult, but then MEI has the most resources so it should be the easiest to revise. It isn't bad at all, I just completed my A level maths with MEI.
Reply 9
Scabo0o
Looks like you are on the OCR MEI board which is good news. It is supposed to be difficult, but then MEI has the most resources so it should be the easiest to revise. It isn't bad at all, I just completed my A level maths with MEI.

What grade u hoping to get? what did u get in ur as year?
Reply 10
Skaterkid
What grade u hoping to get? what did u get in ur as year?

I'm probably not the best role model haha. In my first year I failed it, so had to retake the whole AS. Then in the second year I concentrated on my other A levels so only got an E. I then was able to take it on to A2 and I'm now hoping for an A* after having put in all the work.
Reply 11
FML I was hoping to do Edexcel
Reply 12
Yes I Still Dunno
Skaterkid
Yes I Still Dunno

You from Newham ?
Ourgh Ourgh Dirte-te
Reply 14
TWOSHANKSONESHOTTY
You from Newham ?
Ourgh Ourgh Dirte-te

Yes I'm from Newham. You're a fan of Big H I guess?
Skaterkid
Yes I'm from Newham. You're a fan of Big H I guess?

:yep:
Can't seem to find anything out on the site about exam boards

Latest