The Student Room Group

FAILURE! please help

I have just failed a resit that i had to take after missing out a year at university and subsiquently have been told to leave, now i have a bad academic record, no qualifications, have let down my whole family who i am yet to tell and i have no idea what to do with my life now.
if possible i would really like to find a new university to attend and try and make something of my life, but right now i am really at a loss and feel like dying...

any advice would be most welcome.
John.
Reply 1
oloyede
I have just failed a resit that i had to take after missing out a year at university and subsiquently have been told to leave, now i have a bad academic record, no qualifications, have let down my whole family who i am yet to tell and i have no idea what to do with my life now.
if possible i would really like to find a new university to attend and try and make something of my life, but right now i am really at a loss and feel like dying...

any advice would be most welcome.
John.

You're so young ..why do you feel like you suck at everything??? that's not right! If you really want to do something about your life, then you should probably take your time and think realistic what you want to do with it. I want a successful career , what do YOU want?
You can easily find a new better university and choose a faculty you're fond of. Start again. It's never too late to do something about your life. I was in the same situation last summer, felt horrible to be honest..so be strong and don't give up. Everything's possible if you really want that.
If needed advice, let me know :smile:
Be happy and smile!!! :smile:
Reply 2
Don't give up. Perseverance is what leads to success. Don't panic, and don't let yourself be told that you let anyone down. Take your time to consider what it is you want to do, and especially, where your skills are. There is a million and one opportunities out there for anyone willing to grab them and give it a go. In the meantime, perhaps trying to get work somewhere and getting some life experiences under your belt may help you in the future more than you might think.
Reply 3
sungirl
You're so young ..why do you feel like you suck at everything??? that's not right! If you really want to do something about your life, then you should probably take your time and think realistic what you want to do with it. I want a successful career , what do YOU want?
You can easily find a new better university and choose a faculty you're fond of. Start again. It's never too late to do something about your life. I was in the same situation last summer, felt horrible to be honest..so be strong and don't give up. Everything's possible if you really want that.

thanks alot you made me feel abit better. I guess i have no choice but to really think about my life and decide what steps i have to take to move on, but i really want to get a degree at the end of the day and i don't know how being kicked out of uni will affect me in that respect:frown: would another university even take me in? and then there is the financial side of things and finding a new course to do...do you know anywhere i can get the right information from?
Reply 4
swiss7
Don't give up. Perseverance is what leads to success. Don't panic, and don't let yourself be told that you let anyone down. Take your time to consider what it is you want to do, and especially, where your skills are. There is a million and one opportunities out there for anyone willing to grab them and give it a go. In the meantime, perhaps trying to get work somewhere and getting some life experiences under your belt may help you in the future more than you might think.

Thanks, you may be right about getting life experiences under my belt but what would you suggest? I really want to try and get back on my feet in terms of getting a degree as soon as possible but i really don't know my options at this point in time:frown:
Reply 5
oloyede
thanks alot you made me feel abit better. I guess i have no choice but to really think about my life and decide what steps i have to take to move on, but i really want to get a degree at the end of the day and i don't know how being kicked out of uni will affect me in that respect:frown: would another university even take me in? and then there is the financial side of things and finding a new course to do...do you know anywhere i can get the right information from?

I know what you mean but you can talk to the dean and tell him that you had serious problems with your health, or you were depressed ..had family problems and that was that made you have bad academic record, qualification and etc. I suppose they kicked you out from the 1st year right, and you should retake it or apply to another uni as I understand?!
I 'touching' letter to the admission office (if you decide to get into another uni) or to the dean(if you want to retake the year) would help a lot I think. You can try pretty everything and see what happens next.
In any case, let me know. I'm curios myself.
Reply 6
sungirl
I know what you mean but you can talk to the dean and tell him that you had serious problems with your health, or you were depressed ..had family problems and that was that made you have bad academic record, qualification and etc. I suppose they kicked you out from the 1st year right, and you should retake it or apply to another uni as I understand?!
I 'touching' letter to the admission office (if you decide to get into another uni) or to the dean(if you want to retake the year) would help a lot I think. You can try pretty everything and see what happens next.
In any case, let me know. I'm curios myself.

i failed the resit after taking the module i failed again so i pretty much know that my chances at my current university are over, but i will talk to my uni and see my options i am just fearfull that no other uni will accept me right now and my finances are now in chaos...but i will definately keep you informed of the situation
right now im still trying to figure out how to tell my parents, i have already failed them in the past and now i have failed them again i know this is going to ruin my family.
Reply 7
oloyede
i failed the resit after taking the module i failed again so i pretty much know that my chances at my current university are over, but i will talk to my uni and see my options i am just fearfull that no other uni will accept me right now and my finances are now in chaos...but i will definitely keep you informed of the situation
right now im still trying to figure out how to tell my parents, i have already failed them in the past and now i have failed them again i know this is going to ruin my family.

But it's better to talk to them now than later. You have to sort this out as soon as possible. It's better for you to talk with your parents and tell them how's the situation at the moment. Feel free to talk to them , they are your mum and dad and they will help you 100%. Just find the right time and talk to them. The more you'll gonna wait, the worse for you. And it's not going to ruin your family, we all have our bad unsuccessful times, you just need the willing to cope with it and that's it. Don't give up, don't be weak. If I tell you my life story...you'll find yours pretty easy to sort out.
Reply 8
oloyede
Thanks, you may be right about getting life experiences under my belt but what would you suggest? I really want to try and get back on my feet in terms of getting a degree as soon as possible but i really don't know my options at this point in time:frown:

Work, travel, move out of home.. live life and experiences will come.
Reply 9
swiss7
Work, travel, move out of home.. live life and experiences will come.

that sounds good but i really want to finish university.
do you think i would get accepted by another one?
Reply 10
sungirl

Aww, thast very good advice Lol
=]
Reply 11
VittelV4
Aww, thast very good advice Lol
=]

Thank you :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending