The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Magic_007
I don't care about China's immigration to be honest with you.
There's no harm as the majority are peacefully abiding with the the indigenous African population.

You're really not meant to link me biased articles if you're trying to prove a point. You realise this right?

I never argued that the chinese were wrong or bad people, I was merely telling you that they are in africa, and it is exploitation. But there is no developed country in the world that isn't guilty of exploitation at some point, so its not a big deal really.
Fynch101
You're really not meant to link me biased articles if you're trying to prove a point. You realise this right?

I never argued that the chinese were wrong or bad people, I was merely telling you that they are in africa, and it is exploitation. But there is no developed country in the world that isn't guilty of exploitation at some point, so its not a big deal really.

I wasn't really having a go at you, my intention was just to reveal non-biased articles about how China is becoming more humane. However it is true that there is no developed country in the world that isn't guilty of exploitation.
Reply 82
Magic_007
I wasn't really having a go at you, my intention was just to reveal non-biased articles about how China is becoming more humane. However it is true that there is no developed country in the world that isn't guilty of exploitation.

Well you failed there
Reply 83
Hell yeah
Reply 84
Its not going to happen at least in this generation, and for India maybe even the next. Neither has completely tapped its population(though China's made progress) and India suffers from a highly inept and corrupt government that could rival some African nations, has very poor infrastructure and is suffering from brain drain(the news agencies in India still like to pretend Bobby Jindal and Sunita Williams are Indian). It will need to fix a lot of issues over the next few years to even come close to providing the sort of living standards countries in Western Europe and the US provide to their average citizen.
Fynch101
Well you failed there

Prove otherwise? :bootyshake:
Reply 86
No China will not rule the world ever, no country can. Some of you on this thread seem to be missing the point that very few countries can exist any more with out others. The USA is nothing without China and China is nothing without the US
Reply 87
The Indians I have met could never take over the world because they are such nice, hardworking people.

I hope that one day India will get its people out of poverty and improve things like further education, health care and its police force because the people could be such a great role models to the rest of the world. I believe that having the admiration of the world is far better than having control.
Magic_007
Prove otherwise? :bootyshake:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7086777.stm

It is exploiting because it is using negotiating with a less economically aware country. If I tell a person who just bought a house (his 18) and I say I will buy that house for 100,000 and I am a very aware of the historical background of the house and it’s possession and he isn't, he thinks his making a lot of money, but he is actually not, I take that as exploitation and I know it happens a lot, you don’t need to provide me with sources that show X exploits Y, because I don’t support that.

:bootyshake:
Reply 89
metallica nutter
you europeans will have to do what we tell you to do

as an indian this will be manna from heaven

payback time :devil:

Yeah, until then Jamal, i'll have a korma, lamb, rice, nan and a cobra.

and you had best call me sir if you want that £.50 service charge....
Reply 90
Deep Purple
I'd rather die than be told what to do by a smelly indian prick:smile:

you ignorant fool. its quite disgusting to see such attitudes still existing today.
Reply 91
OP has a valid point. I'm sure most of you have heard of the BRIC's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRIC

Their economis are developing at a fast rate and will some day be superpowers.

Anyway, I think people are forgetting about Germany. You know, the country that took on the combined forces of Soviet Russia, the U.K and the USA and nearly won??

Fair enough, right now it is no where near the USA but it is a powerhouse!! its gaining so much momentum, give them time and they will become a serious threat to USA's position as number 1. Laugh at me if you want but it will happen!
lookahead
you ignorant fool. its quite disgusting to see such attitudes still existing today.

You try sitting on a packed bus with indians in summer then:smile: They smell worse than dog ****:smile:
All Hail Britannia! (Code Geass reference :p: )
JChoudhry
All Hail Britannia! (Code Geass reference :p: )

All hail Lelouche. Black Knights FTW....Britannia will fall :stomp:
FinalFlash
All hail Lelouche. Black Knights FTW....Britannia will fall :stomp:

Lelouche becomes the leader of Britannia and the rest of the world before he supposedly dies :fyi: :p:
JChoudhry
Lelouche becomes the leader of Britannia before he supposedly dies :fyi: :p:

Did he not crumble it first and take over everything? :shh:

Edit: seen edit.
ScienceGeek3
Americans can not control their own country, let alone the world :wink:

but it sure considers it its responsibility to deal with countries developing without its interests
Reply 98
Those Indians have always wanted world domination..
Reply 99
Certainly they will become the largest economies, with the US, at some point. But this does not mean they'll 'rule the world', and both have got serious domestic issues that they'll need to look at before they can contemplate 'taking over' internationally. E.g. China now has a more unequal income distribution (measured by the Gini coefficient) than America, for one. One thing for sure, the next few decades are going to be very interesting.

Latest

Trending

Trending