The Student Room Group

How fast does university go?

Does time fly or do you people in the later years think it's gone rather slowly? Especially interested in people who have done or are doing 4 year courses, but any perspective from any level of study.

For reasons I won't go into, I wish the course was much shorter than it is. Looking for some hope that it goes quickly, but tell me the truth, aha.

Thanks, friends. Hugs and kisses.

Scroll to see replies

Fast Fast Fast . . . :yep:
Reply 2
was hoping it goes slow. I'm too young to be old!! :P
Reply 3
Well I'm only doing a 3 year course but have to say my first year has flown by! That could be because the work load hasn't been overly difficult, and I have just been mostly having fun with my friends without stressing too much about work. Hopefully, next year won't seem to disappear so quick- I'm really going to miss it!
Reply 4
Well my first year has just flown by, I can't believe there's going to be a new lot of freshers in October and that I've had a third of the time I'm going to have there...
I've just finished a four year sandwich course, I cannot stress enough how fast time flew by...I still can remember the excitement of moving in to halls in freshers year! Just try and live in the moment!
Well the first year definitely flew by. :yep: I think the other two will as well. :sad:
Reply 7
*hope levels up*
Very, very fast!

FAST INDEED!
Reply 9
Someone told me it was in the range of 40 - 60 mph.. and it depends on the time as well so... :dontknow:
It goes by in the blink of an eye. I've a Masters completed and I can't believe it. I feel like I should still be back in my first year.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
Very fast if you're having a good time and not so fast if it's ****. Like most things in life!
I found the first semester always goes pretty slowly, and then the 2nd semesters fly by. Probably because first semester doesn't have a holiday in the middle and it's usually pretty light on workload. 3rd year flew by so so fast though.

And after uni it doesn't slow down. I graduated 2 years ago, feels like yesterday. Got a 3 year job contract and suddenly 3 years doesn't seem that long at all...
Far too quickly, it feels like I went to bed as a fresher then woke up as a second year :frown: It just seems to be getting faster and faster.
Reply 14
My first year's gone by so quickly. Too quickly...
super duper fast. I can't believe that I'm already 1/3 of the way through my degree. Its upsetting. I suppose uni will go by quicker when you're having a good time.
Aphasia
My first year's gone by so quickly. Too quickly...

Same here. I feel as if I'd moved into the halls like a week ago.
This is not university

dis ist ze autobahn.
Reply 18
I'm in my second year now, I still feel like I have another 2 years left of uni, alas I have only one, one in which I need to do well so I cannot go mental like I did in year one.
It was simultaneously (in a bizarre way) the shortest and longest three years of my life. It generally flew by very quickly but each term felt like it was going on forever! :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending