The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gemma1811
So... has anyone out there had any offers from Warwick for Finance/business related courses? I got an offer the other day for Accounting and Finance and was very surprised! I didnt expect it as my AS grades weren't fantastic (a few resits were needed! hehe) and it seemed really early! I'd heard that Warwick didn't reply until late January, February time?!?!?!?!

Congrats! Very good.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
HasanB
ok now im really worried, i applied for exactly the same course (accounting and finance) and ive not heard anything yet. what were your A/S results and A level predictions, i was predicted AAB.

Well, keep your hopes up but i would definately be worried as LSE and Warwick have both accepted a large number of candidates (Im in both, found out a month ago), some candidates have been shortlisted and sent letters to notify them of that. Since you havent heard anything is not a particularly good sign I suppose - but well ... with those predicted results .... most who get into LSE especially do 4 Alevels and will have AAAA .. But goodluck I suppose !
Reply 22
AlexDowning
Well, keep your hopes up but i would definately be worried as LSE and Warwick have both accepted a large number of candidates (Im in both, found out a month ago), some candidates have been shortlisted and sent letters to notify them of that. Since you havent heard anything is not a particularly good sign I suppose - but well ... with those predicted results .... most who get into LSE especially do 4 Alevels and will have AAAA .. But goodluck I suppose !

thats very interesting cos currently i know of no one ... well u maybe who got into lse for my course, everyone knows they take absolute ages ... so i dunno where ure gettin that from. there are ppl in this forum who r predicted AAB not done so well at AS and have got into warwick, n e way wat course did u apply for and wat a levels r u doing
HasanB
thats very interesting cos currently i know of no one ... well u maybe who got into lse for my course, everyone knows they take absolute ages ... so i dunno where ure gettin that from. there are ppl in this forum who r predicted AAB not done so well at AS and have got into warwick, n e way wat course did u apply for and wat a levels r u doing

Well sorry but thats just my opinion, you don't have to accept it
Reply 24
AlexDowning

Did you apply for accounting and finance? and the predicted grades thing your talking about is a load of shit! I know someone that has been offered a place if they aquire ABB and they have been predicted AAA and i know of many people that have been rejected with AAAA or AAA predictions! It depends on the person, the subjects you are studing (LSE do not allow non-traditional subjects for this course), your personal statement and your reference
Reply 25
AlexDowning
most who get into LSE especially do 4 Alevels and will have AAAA .. But goodluck I suppose !

Not true, i got in for History and I do 3 proper A-levels and GS, that is not counted. All courses only ask for 3 so that's what they will offer
Reply 26
i applied thru ucas mid december...an i havent anythin from anyone yet...

i applied to
lse, warwick, notts, bristol, lancaster, umist for acc and finance

my main aim is lse, i got 4 A's At A's.......i know ppl even with that get rejected..but im hoping....hey gemma, how long did it take for u to get an offer from warwick
Reply 27
Rear366
i applied thru ucas mid december...an i havent anythin from anyone yet...

i applied to
lse, warwick, notts, bristol, lancaster, umist for acc and finance

my main aim is lse, i got 4 A's At A's.......i know ppl even with that get rejected..but im hoping....hey gemma, how long did it take for u to get an offer from warwick

It took about a month or so for me to get my first offer (that is from the date UCAS processed my form) but some people heard before that! It may not be as long for you as you have handed in your form later - but remember that the holiday period slows everything down! I didn't hear from Warwick for nearly three months, don't worry i'm sure you will hear something from them in good time. Good luck
If you haven't heard anything from the LSE A&F dept I'd assume that you're on the waiting list. They seem to be fairly inconsistent with offers, but bear in mind that although they only ask for ABB many of the people applying will be predicted AAA or higher (I'm doing A&F at LSE and I don't know anyone with less than AAB), so there is a lot of competition although the course is definately worth it in the end, even if it's just for the free wine at the course parties :tongue: .

As for non-traditional subjects, they do allow them but aren't really keen on them. I know people with Business Studies/Accounting A levels doing the course, I myself did A level computing and got in fine, so it really depends.
Reply 29
MuvverRussia
If you haven't heard anything from the LSE A&F dept I'd assume that you're on the waiting list. They seem to be fairly inconsistent with offers, but bear in mind that although they only ask for ABB many of the people applying will be predicted AAA or higher (I'm doing A&F at LSE and I don't know anyone with less than AAB), so there is a lot of competition although the course is definately worth it in the end, even if it's just for the free wine at the course parties :tongue: .

As for non-traditional subjects, they do allow them but aren't really keen on them. I know people with Business Studies/Accounting A levels doing the course, I myself did A level computing and got in fine, so it really depends.

Well at least I'm likely to be on the waiting list and didnt get a straight rejection from them! What is the course like to study at LSE? In the prospectus it looks really good, and it sounded quite good at the open day - however we all know that the majority of people apply to LSE because of the fantastic reputation that it has and the chances you have a decent employment after, but from a student studying there what is it like? How many hours a week lectures & tutorials do you have?
Reply 30
Rejected by Warwick for MS today.
Reply 31
James_W

management sciences? r u disappointed? was it one of ur first choices?
Reply 32
Not really disappointed TBH... not sure if I would have got on with the type of peoplew there etc...
Reply 33
James_W
Not really disappointed TBH... not sure if I would have got on with the type of peoplew there etc...

lol why? what do u know of the people there?
Reply 34
Smart people :smile:
Reply 35
I can't believe i can't rejected by lse, now i'm just left with warwick nottingham and durham to chose from. i'm going on their open days (strange, they're all on wednesdays). but i'm thinking of making warwick my firm aab and notts insurance. but i'm really worried about not getting the requirements as i am really bad at maths! i don't know why i'm still doing it at a2! i just got my nov p2 resit back and it was way worse than last year when i got 61, today ii got 47.! arghhhh! mental breakdown here!

will warwick accept at ABC or AAC if they made an AAB offer, does anyone know??

is anyone going on the 25th feb open day, is the warwick uni far from the station?

gemma1811
Well i was surprised that i heard something, because they apparently leave it ages like LSE! My AS results were really crap - BCCD (although im resiting a few - but they weren't to know that) and I've been predicted AAB. The only thing that may have helped (grade wise) may have been my GCSEs although I didnt get straight A/A*. I really wouldn't worry, i'm sure you'll hear from them soon! Where else have you applied? Have you applied for all Accounting and Finance?
Reply 36
candy88524
I can't believe i can't rejected by lse, now i'm just left with warwick nottingham and durham to chose from. i'm going on their open days (strange, they're all on wednesdays). but i'm thinking of making warwick my firm aab and notts insurance. but i'm really worried about not getting the requirements as i am really bad at maths! i don't know why i'm still doing it at a2! i just got my nov p2 resit back and it was way worse than last year when i got 61, today ii got 47.! arghhhh! mental breakdown here!

will warwick accept at ABC or AAC if they made an AAB offer, does anyone know??

is anyone going on the 25th feb open day, is the warwick uni far from the station?

At the open day, before they had given out offers, they said that you had to get the grades that they required to get in.

The uni is quite a way from the station, as the nearest station is Coventry and that is about a 20 min drive, i dont know how far into the town it is, so it may be longer
Reply 37
James_W

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm not guna accept my offer either, i didnt like it there when i went. At least you have Southampton and Durham. Where else have you offers for?
Reply 38
Loughborough and UEA, waiting for Nottingham.. how you know about Durham? :confused:

Probably wouldn't have gone for Warwick anyway.. Nottingham is looking good, but from my offers so far - Southampton looks like it's got a good rep, and Loughborough looks quite good. I haven't got a chip on my shoulder at all, but I don't think I'd be too happy at Warwick.
Reply 39
James_W
Loughborough and UEA, waiting for Nottingham.. how you know about Durham? :confused:

Probably wouldn't have gone for Warwick anyway.. Nottingham is looking good, but from my offers so far - Southampton looks like it's got a good rep, and Loughborough looks quite good. I haven't got a chip on my shoulder at all, but I don't think I'd be too happy at Warwick.

what's worng with warwick, just a matter of opinion? i'll see when i go to the open day, nearest station coventry? i thought it was called warwick? but then again, my geo is so bad

Latest