The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Idiot-Finder
roflmafo.

the man can not come out his room and eat, christ all mighty.. i think even murderers are allowed out there cells now and again?

There was a reason that he was relieved of his duties.. one gaffe after another. This is not about him coming out of his room to eat. It is all about public perception... its PR 101. Either look like you are being effective in dealing with the situation at hand, or stay out of sight. At the very least you do not want to be seen buying some random woman lunch/dinner at some sorts bar in the gulf... SMH

Come on guys.. can you not see this aspect?

Shuvel no one expects that, but his people (BP chairman) expect him to act in a PR savvy manner... if this was not so, then why remove him from the whole BP clean up effort... its because of gaffes like this.. they bring greater unneeded scrutiny.
Reply 21
ChemistBoy
Photos prove nothing. Receipt proves nothing. I'm very suspicious that the receipt has Tony Hayward's name on it. I've eaten in hundreds of restaurants and not one gave me a receipt with my name on it (a credit card payment slip, yes, but not a receipt).

In the US for tax purposes that is a very common occurrence, so there is nothing in that...
Reply 22
Kiwiguy
its sad that a man cant buy a hot girl a meal without every instantly asuming she gave it away in the alley behind the resturant.

also, what do you want him to do? scrub the beaches personally? I think not...

Sere my previous answer
vnupe
There was a reason that he was relieved of his duties.. one gaffe after another. This is not about him coming out of his room to eat. It is all about public perception... its PR 101. Either look like you are being effective in dealing with the situation at hand, or stay out of sight. At the very least you do not want to be seen buying some random woman lunch/dinner at some sorts bar in the gulf... SMH

Come on guys.. can you not see this aspect?

Shuvel no one expects that, but his people (BP chairman) expect him to act in a PR savvy manner... if this was not so, then why remove him from the whole BP clean up effort... its because of gaffes like this.. they bring greater unneeded scrutiny.

He does not give a **** it is clear of what people think of him he gives a **** about the oil leak stopping, I know which I would rather have him caring about. Unlike Obama who the day after they cap it will roll down the coast and thank everyone for the praise of him single handedly stopping the leak.
To be fair, now that people have it in for him it is impossible for him to do anything right. The guy would have to become a hermit to get out of pointless, unfounded, insinuating negative press like this. I think that the PR guys at BP should be sacked as they are the ones that have failed here from the company's point of view.
Shadowman786
It's just all ******** but it's the 'American Way'...God, I really hope they get their comeuppance....something like China refusing to do business with them...that would **** over their economy. (yes, yes...I know it couldn't happen before anyone jumps onto the post).

What a retarded post - just b/c this story has made it out on TMZ, it doesn't mean that its the 'American' way.

Its like saying, The Daily Mail is the 'British' way. These sort of celebrity tabloids exist everywhere, but it doesn't mean anyone (or in the case of people in the US, the majority) take any notice of it.

PS. Just on the point of China/US business, I know you said it would never happen etc, but the logic you've used is flawed. It would actually destroy the Chinese economy more than that of the US and thus is never something China would contemplate. If China decides to stop doing business with them, they're finished - not least b/c of the export business of China to the US, but more importantly it has something close to $4 trillion in asset reserves on a FX-Libor tied basis. Why do you think they've been so easy with letting their currency off the dollar peg once Washington requested this seriously...
vnupe
TBF the British press is equally if not more so as rabid, so to say its just the US press is disingenuous... As far as the comeuppance part, well I won't go there...

Beat me to it.
Reply 27
I hate TMZ with a passion! My hate for them is second only to that of Perez Hilton...
Reply 28
Idiot-Finder
He does not give a **** it is clear of what people think of him he gives a **** about the oil leak stopping, I know which I would rather have him caring about. Unlike Obama who the day after they cap it will roll down the coast and thank everyone for the praise of him single handedly stopping the leak.

If he doesn't care his company definitely does, which is why they relieved him of his duties. The Obama comment does not deserve a reply...
vnupe
In the US for tax purposes that is a very common occurrence, so there is nothing in that...

Do you have to ask for it? I've eaten in the US on business several times (including in Houston) and never had it printed on my receipt once (I did pay).
Reply 30
manchild007
Beat me to it.

BTW were you addressing me in regards to the US/China debate?
Who cares

If the americans caused a huge oil spill on someone else's shore they wouldn't give a **** - hell they'd probably do it on purpose for fun. They're just a bunch of hypocrites.
I suspect that the BP chairman and Hayward were told that it would have been better for one of their senior US executive to be the 'face' of BP. I suspect that they were a bit naive and thought that being the top guys one of them should take the role. Clearly the underestimated the vast amount of jingoism that can be stirred up in the US with a wave on the media's wand.

I'm concerned about the lack of health, safety, environment and risk management culture at BP, but that is separate to this gutter press assassination of Tony Hayward.
Reply 33
Cherudim
I hate TMZ with a passion! My hate for them is second only to that of Perez Hilton...

less than the Sun and the Daily Mail and other equally wretched British tabs?
Reply 34
ChemistBoy
Do you have to ask for it? I've eaten in the US on business several times (including in Houston) and never had it printed on my receipt once (I did pay).

No it is usually normal, I have many receipts with my name on them with my credit card details blacked out except the last four digits.
Reply 35
ChemistBoy
I suspect that the BP chairman and Hayward were told that it would have been better for one of their senior US executive to be the 'face' of BP. I suspect that they were a bit naive and thought that being the top guys one of them should take the role. Clearly the underestimated the vast amount of jingoism that can be stirred up in the US with a wave on the media's wand.

I'm concerned about the lack of health, safety, environment and risk management culture at BP, but that is separate to this gutter press assassination of Tony Hayward.

I think you would find that jingoism would be and is well alive in the Uk as well. Thus the vitriol at Obama's statement about kicking butt, and British outrage about how the US hated Britain and not BP for this disaster...
vnupe
If he doesn't care his company definitely does, which is why they relieved him of his duties. The Obama comment does not deserve a reply...

No you cant reply because its true.

£20 he is there the day after saying how his team has sorted it out.
vnupe
less than the Sun and the Daily Mail and other equally wretched British tabs?

Generally they have pics of people kissing or the women admitting what happened.

Not someone talking to a woman, if i was photographed everytime I did that and was told it was cheating I would be ******.
Reply 38
Idiot-Finder
No you cant reply because its true.

£20 he is there the day after saying how his team has sorted it out.

hehehehe

I will not take that bet, because he very well could be there, but not for the reasons you outlined, but instead because that is what he is expected to do.
Reply 39
Idiot-Finder
Generally they have pics of people kissing or the women admitting what happened.

Not someone talking to a woman, if i was photographed everytime I did that and was told it was cheating I would be ******.

That is blatantly false, I do not have concrete examples right now,m but just take a general peruse of their site and you will have a plethora of examples daily.

Latest

Trending

Trending