The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 1
Sheffield is a pretty cheap city I've found. The nearest supermarket to Endcliffe and Ranmoor is Spar which I personally think is a bit of a rip-off considering the qaulity of the food, I generally got Sainsbury's deliveries which worked out quite a bit cheaper and food was better. Also do not have to carry your bags :smile:

Nights out are pretty reasonable, it costs about £4 entry for most places generally if you go on a student night, drinks aren't too expensive but most people pre-drink anyway and not buy too many drinks when they go out. The union nights are pretty good value for money, generally about £3.50 entry and fairly cheap drinks.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
There is no large supermarket near the accomodation, a Spar and a Tesco metro, both of which stock most things that you would need but they can be a bit over-priced. I know a lot of flats did online shopping from Asda/Tesco etc. and got it delivered to their door, which can work out cheaper if you split the costs of delivery :smile: Also their is a big Morrisons a bus journey away, but I think its quite a trip as you do all your shopping then still have a 10min walk back to Endcliffe from the bus stop which is a pain.Oh but their is a v.cheap greengrocers in Broomhill (10min from Endcliffe) which sells really great stuff at a fraction of the price of supermarkets!

As for nights out most of the main clubs (Plug,Embarace,etc.) charge about £4/£5 to get in and then drinks tend to be pretty cheap on student nights- £1.50 dbl vodka and coke. Most people just pre-drink though, and only buy a few drinks when they are actually out. Union nights out are slightly cheaper to get in I think, but drinks might be a bit more pricey. Taxis and stuff are really cheap if you share between 5/6 of you its normally like £1.20 each way per person. There are loads of lovely bars on West street which are good when you don't want a massive night out, but a lot are v.expensive. Although, there are the odd cheap ones like Basement- not the nicest place inside but 50p sambucas!

Right I will stop rambling now, hope it was useful :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending