The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No.

I :love: mine.

But ask me again on August 19th and I might have changed my mind.
Reply 21
My school was pretty relaxed.
I started with chem, physics, english lit, philosophy, history.
After a few weeks I decided I couldn't handle the workload and the teaching wasn't too great so I dropped History and Physics and picked up biology. I can't say I regret the decision but if I could, I would go back and tell myself to work harder :erm:
Reply 22
Done: Maths, F. Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Latin

I massively, massively regret doing Biology. Definitely would have done History or Eng. Lit instead. Biology A-level is so messed up it's basically a waste to do. If I could go back and do my A-levels again I would choose Physics, but when I first started I think it would have been a bad choice because I wouldn't have been able to handle it.
Reply 23
I debated for hours about what subjects to take. I was going to take English Lit, Maths, German and Economics, then I changed to English Lit, French, German and Latin. Why oh why did I choose French? I did Eng Lang as an extra and took it up properly at A2 instead of Latin, but I probably should have done it instead of French.

Having said that, I think it worked out well in the end (touch wood) and I wouldn't change it.

Everything happens for a reason.
I did: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geography & History, and I'm (currently, depending on my results) dropping History for A2.

If I was starting Year 12 again I would choose Maths (although I dislike it, it would have bene more useful for my chosen course and would mean that I could apply to Durham Uni, which at the moment I can't do because their Biochemistry course requires a B in AS Maths), Biology, Chemistry, Spanish (because I really miss doing languages and Spanish was my favourite) and I'd choose between History & Geography...I found Geography more interesting but really didn't like the amount we needed to learn for Unit 1; although History was easier in that respect, I found it a bit boring at times.
Reply 25
Instead of RS maths englit and hist i would have done hist french philosophy and maths
Hmm

I would have changed my sixth form as well. I doubt I would have changed my A-Levels though because I did enjoy it.

Maybe would have dropped English Literature and took up Sociology.
Hmmm I'm not sure. I took biology, chemistry, maths (mech), psychology, history and citizenship (compulsory)

I'd keep biology and chemistry. I'd maybe change mechanics to statistics. If you'd asked me this in year 12 I DEFINITELY would have changed history, but it turned out I got an A in that, so I'd probably change now psychology for Spanish, as I've suddenly fallen in love with it again after I took it for GCSE and got a bit fed up with it. Question is, I'm not sure how well I would have done in it :s-smilie:
Reply 28
Currently doing maths business economics and physics

Would have done: maths business economics and accounting. I know it narrows my option but taking physics after one year in AS i just cannot wait to drop it. i always picked further maths at the start of the year lasted 3 months :P
Reply 29
Back at college I studied Psychology, Sociology, Business Studies and English Lang & Lit (yes I know, dreadful and boring combination!).

If I had a chance to do A-levels again I would have chosen Psychology, Biology, Economics/Philosophy and English Literature. These subjects are much more interesting.
Reply 30
I currently do : Biology, Maths, Geography and English Literature!
If i could repick them i would of changed geography for chemistry! and probs english for physchology!

Don't what made me pick geography tbh, just a random pick! and have to stick with english cos i hate geography !
Reply 31
I did:

Biology Physics History English & critical thinking

I should have done:

Biology Physics Maths/further maths Economics

:sad:
Did: German, Biology, Chemistry (Philosophy to AS)

Should have done: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths.

Kinda hard 'cause I was fairly good at a few things at GCSE but it took me the two years of A Level to realise what I was really good at.
I would have done A2 History, A2 French, A2 Politics, AS Psychology and AS Drama I reckon if I had the option to change. If I had the option to change college as well I would have done A2 Histoy, A2 Ancient History, A2 Politics, AS French and AS Psychology.

I actually did A2 History, A2 Drama, A2 Psychology, AS English Lit and AS History of Art.
Hmm, interesting question.
Just finished AS French, English Lang, History, Sociology, and compulsory General Studies; and no, I don't think I would have changed any of them. Despite the fact that I've grown to really not like History this year, I don't regret taking it (that sounds odd, I know!) mainly because I had an amazing class and loved spending time with them all. I just made the mistake of assuming that because I got an 'A' at GCSE, I was a natural historian. Turns out that's not the case! :p:
No, I am happy with my choices.
Might have done Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths instead of Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Psychology and Critical Thinking. Although I have no complaints about my current selection.
I did Biology, English, Economics and Politics, I ******* hate Politics, had to drop Biology due to them not mentioning a £600 trip for the coursework which my family couldn't afford at the time.
I had no idea what i would do with these as levels, so I'm leaving to do...

French, English, Maths and Psychology.
I would do exactly the same, but probably do economics/chemistry/history as well, just because I ended up with too many frees, which was as boring as.
Reply 39
Ollie901
Just a thought.
I know I would. I'd do Maths, FMaths, Bio, Chem, Phys rather then Maths, Chem, Phys, Business.

Can't believe I was stupid enough to take business to be honest. It was a panic decision because the blocking at our school wasn't great and I didnt want to do Biology at the time.

Would anyone else change?

I did Chem,Maths,Econ , History

I shoudlve done

F.Maths, Chem,Maths,Econ

Latest