The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I would have probably changed History with Politics, or R.S. Then kept all 4.
Reply 41
Yes, instead of Maths I'd have done History or Economics, not sure about Business Studies can't think of something I would have replaced it with. I'd keep IT though because I learnt a lot that I can use now.
Forget subjects, I would have changed my bloody sixth form. I just stayed on at my secondary school, when in hindsight it would have been best to move to the local girls school that was a bus ride away.

There I would have done French, History, English Language (but the proper way, not cramming it into one year like I am now) + Politics. They didn't even offer Politics at my school :frown:
Currently, Maths, physics, business, ict
Would have done, Maths, fmaths, economics, physics

I ******* HATE ICT
Reply 44
Definitely!

Did: Btec Art & Design, A Level Graphics Design, A Level Media Studies
Should Have Done: A Level Film Studies, A Level Graphics Design, A Level Media Studies, AS Level Mathematics.

I was convinced I'd grow, live and die in the fashion/art industry. Then realised it was full of rules about breaking rules and designing like you're Lady Gaga. Overrated. Should have used my A in Maths GCSE to my advantage. Stupid me!
Reply 45
Have done: Accountancy, Business Studies, Politics, Financial Studies, World Development, Use of Mathematics, Computing, Citizenship and Communications. I also did web design and 3d modelling as additional studies.

I would do: Politics, Financial Studies (Cert and Dip), World Development, IT, Communications, Citizenship, Extended Project and Economics. I would also take up IT workshop, Photoshop, 3D modelling and web design as additional studies.
I'd have taken music instead of spanish. When i was choosing between them, it was very much like head v heart- (i did spanish gcse and was pretty good at it, but i hadn't done music gcse and just really loved the performing side of it) In the end, head won, but i had to do more work on spanish than all my other subjects combined to get a good grade, and by the end of the year i just hated it- so i probably would have been better off doing a subject i really liked, even if it meant losing marks for being useless at composition!
Reply 47
YESH! haha I would do something easier than philosophy for an easy pass.But thinking about it I loved philosophy even though it was really hard, so i dunno lol :biggrin:
I did Music, English Lit, Sociology, ICT and Communications and Culture 1 year. I chose Communication and Sociology to be with my friend.. who dropped out after 1/2 a year, leaving me all alone in thos elessons.

I would of perfered to do Psychology, Computing, and maybe English Lit and Lang rather than my combination above.
This is such a good question! I would have definitely gone back and chose - Communication Studies and Health & Social Care (as I heard they are easy) as opposed to Law and Politics. I would keep Graphic Design though, I absolutely loved that topic!
Nope! I would have done exactly the same thing and died in exactly the same way.
Did Physics, but swapped to Photography after the first lesson, Art & French.

I would still do Photography, I'd most likely do Law & History & D&T Resistant Materials if I could.
Do Maths instead of ICT and maybe carry on with French or start Spanish
Reply 53
not re-pick them as the timetabled slots still wouldn't let me do Chem but I would love to go back and re-do the year :frown:
Reply 54
Most definitely. Even with doing a 3rd year at college, I've screwed up my chance of getting onto my desired university course.
I'd have picked: Biology, Psychology, Chemistry, Maths/Geography as opposed to Biology, Psychology, Geography, Physics and Literature.
Reply 55
Definately. Got pretty much the same grades across the whole of my GCSE's and chose a mixed bag of A levels as a result. Should have realised that I didn't have to work as hard in English subjects, and as a result stuck with them at As/A level. But Ho hum, worked itself out =D
Reply 56
no regrets
Reply 57
I would switch Computing for Chemistry. Computing is boring.
I do Maths, Further maths, Physics, Chem and Finance (AS)
Would have done Maths, Further maths, Chem, Business/IT and Finance (AS)

Basically...
I hate physics ._.
Completely regret choosing it even though I ♥'ed it at GCSE.

Idk about Chemistry, whilst it's hard I think I'd still choose it because I think it's important to have 3 really respected a-levels and then one that's easier so I'm hopefully more likely to meet offers I get :smile:
Reply 59
at the moment, I do English Literature, History, French and German. I regret doing two languages, what a killer! Would definitely do Classical Civilisation instead, if I could turn back the clock!

Latest