The Student Room Group

Second-hand Open University Maths books - what are they worth?

In a charity shop, my mum was given a whole load of Open University Mathematics books, and apparently I can sell them for quite a bit of money. Even though I'll be doing mathematics at university, a lot of the content in the books looks relatively basic as it mainly ends at the content I did at A-level, and doesn't go much further than that. I really do have a lot of MST121 books (they include handbooks, reading, assignments, unit books, 4 chapters' worth of books and exercises, and a few DVDs). I'm thinking of putting these on eBay, so does anybody know how much all these books might sell for? The condition of the books are excellent but have considerable amounts of annotation in them.

Furthermore, would anybody be interested?
Reply 1
OL1V3R
In a charity shop, my mum was given a whole load of Open University Mathematics books, and apparently I can sell them for quite a bit of money. Even though I'll be doing mathematics at university, a lot of the content in the books looks relatively basic as it mainly ends at the content I did at A-level, and doesn't go much further than that. I really do have a lot of MST121 books (they include handbooks, reading, assignments, unit books, 4 chapters' worth of books and exercises, and a few DVDs). I'm thinking of putting these on eBay, so does anybody know how much all these books might sell for? The condition of the books are excellent but have considerable amounts of annotation in them.

Furthermore, would anybody be interested?

I did the same course, with the horrible computer software! I just gave them to my school, but I guess you could get quite a bit for them as it covers a lot of work...although the books weren't as good as normal textbooks IMHO.

I would just put them on Amazon if I were you for £30-£40
just see what other OU materials are going for.

Latest

Trending

Trending