The Student Room Group

Leyton sixth form college

i just wanted to know if anyone here goes their?
i heard there are some building works going on atm and that has somehow contributed to a decrease in good a level grades over the past 2 years? Although the college has national average a level results and a decent ofsted report?

So yeah share your experiences

Scroll to see replies

My friend goes there. She doesn't like it too much as far as I know.
Its a crap college in my opinion, and everyone in my year was adviced to avoid going there
Reply 2
I heard it's good but I havent been there. Did you go to the open day?
Reply 3
ibelongtoslytherin
My friend goes there. She doesn't like it too much as far as I know.
Its a crap college in my opinion, and everyone in my year was adviced to avoid going there

Really?! The Ofsted reports can be very misleading then....
Reply 4
Leyton = GHETTO. Therefore Leyton sixth form college = GHETTO sixth form college.
Reply 5
Hanz_a93
i just wanted to know if anyone here goes their?
i heard there are some building works going on atm and that has somehow contributed to a decrease in good a level grades over the past 2 years? Although the college has national average a level results and a decent ofsted report?

So yeah share your experiences

It's in quite a rough area tbh. You'll find a lot of 'rude' boys,etc.

A 39%A-B pass rage, which is nothing to write home about.

Grade requirements are quite 'low' to get in.

All in all, if you put the work in you'll succeed regardless of where you study.
Reply 6
Junaid16
It's in quite a rough area tbh. You'll find a lot of 'rude' boys,etc.

A 39%A-B pass rage, which is nothing to write home about.

Grade requirements are quite 'low' to get in.

All in all, if you put the work in you'll succeed regardless of where you study.

Im used to that as i was brought up in a rough area myself
But thanks anyways
Reply 7
Hanz_a93
Im used to that as i was brought up in a rough area myself
But thanks anyways

Oh kk, did you apply to C&I?
Reply 8
A lot of 'gangster' asains are going to be there, so you may or may not like it. Currently know a lot of people from my school going there.
Ah..my friend went there...

For AS Media they had no teacher (I think because of maternity leave?) and there was no replacement, so they got taught 1 term's worth of knowledge over their first year from supply teachers. My friend just skipped the exams to avoid a crappy grade on her certificates, heh.
The_0001
I go there, the for the subjects I'm doing I only had one bad teacher tbh, it was made okay as we have two teachers for the subject(econ), the other one is probs the best the teacher I've been taught by.

Yes some of the kids thing they're ghetto but oh well. There is LOTS of support. That was the reason why I left Ilford County and joined Leyton.

PM me if you want.

Really? Ilford County doesn't rate well with the students, it seems.
OP, I didn't go but a few acquaintances did and they don't give raving reviews of it. Have a look at the sixth forms of the schools nearby, or even towards woodford and loughton, you might find you'd be better off.
But as somebody said, if you're focused, the reputation of the sixth form from us lot shouldn't even matter. As long as you're comfortable and work hard, you'll do well.
Pip-Squeak22
Really? Ilford County doesn't rate well with the students, it seems.
OP, I didn't go but a few acquaintances did and they don't give raving reviews of it. Have a look at the sixth forms of the schools nearby, or even towards woodford and loughton, you might find you'd be better off.
But as somebody said, if you're focused, the reputation of the sixth form from us lot shouldn't even matter. As long as you're comfortable and work hard, you'll do well.

I liked it there, though I've only been at Ilford County once for a taster day...
Reply 12
as has been stated - for a focused student reputation means **** all. Your education is what you make of it.
Reply 13
.........trinity
Reply 14
koop
.........trinity

And what do you mean by that?
Monoux is better. Trust me. :yes:
Reply 16
Hanz_a93
And what do you mean by that?

sorry thought I was clear lol.......should have tried trinity
FinalFlash
Monoux is better. Trust me. :yes:

:mmm: Monoux is full of Paki's
Reply 18
koop
sorry thought I was clear lol.......should have tried trinity

That college doesnt have many a levels to offer. As far as i know they only have arts and english lang?? says so on their website
Reply 19
JChoudhry
:mmm: Monoux is full of Paki's

True, leytons got a lot of them as well but it still looks fairly multicultural though similiar to Newvic but less druggies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending