The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's great, no one will will know UCL went down 2 places:ahee:
Reply 2
AntoineUK
It's great, no one will will know UCL went down 2 places:ahee:

haha I already knew that! I checked just before they charge! And Lancaster has moved up from #23 to #10! That's pretty shocking! :eek:
Reply 3
There are many other university league tables available for free.
Reply 4
well.... ok.... thank you for sharing this informaiton with TSR :smile: :erm:
Reply 5
It's all just made up by some temp based on where him and his mates went anyway. I could put together a more accurate league table by pulling names out of a hat.
Reply 6
doivid
There are many other university league tables available for free.

Yeah I know, but many people prefer The Times. Moreover, The Times university league table is the official one, and apparently the best out of all :/
Strange. :curious:
To be honest, university league tables are not all that. There are other tables you can check for free but, ultimately, you should pick a university based on your personal preferences, not the preferences of the people who make the tables.

If you are at sixth form / college, they may have a book version of the table you could look at for free, should you wish to. :smile:
Reply 9
EricOfficial
Yeah I know, but many people prefer The Times. Moreover, The Times university league table is the official one, and apparently the best out of all :/

There is no official university league table. I also don't know why you think it would be the best. The Guardian provides a league table, and there are also many league tables that provide comparisons between international universities. Many people advise that newspaper league tables are not a good way of picking a university.
Reply 10
I got told by a careers advisor that The Guardian's one was best. And it's free :wink:
As others are saying, The Guardian's table is free, and just as good.
Yamahooha
I got told by a careers advisor that The Guardian's one was best. And it's free :wink:

He be trollin'
Reply 13
Not that I particularly like league tables, but the Guardian's table is by far the worst in terms of methodology.
Reply 14
Kerny
Not that I particularly like league tables, but the Guardian's table is by far the worst in terms of methodology.

This.

It still shocks me that people take advice from careers advisors on anything.

By the way, no doubt someone will have pasted at least the top section of the table somewhere else on the internet. Maybe even on this forum. Use your initiative.
It's crap. I'm glad people can't see it so readily now so it will stop feeding people nonsense.
Yes, the times now requires you to pay to view most of it's website. They announced it a while ago now :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending