The Student Room Group

Failed Driving Test 6 Times :-(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Heh, I told everyone when I had it...took it and passed 1st time with 2 minors. It's easy as long as you have common sense, exam papers don't require common sense, just blindly repeating something you have read in a book, so you can't really compare it to driving (except the theory part).
It can just be a case of bad luck and nerves; stick at it, you'll get there if you're good enough.
Keep at it. You'll get there in the end and it will all be worth it.
Reply 23
People say your a bad driver, if u fail more then 3, cos by then you should not be nervous. On each test i become more nervous, because i knew what you could fail on. Drving test in nothing like driving in real life, and im sorry but, half the people who pass just have good luck on day.
I think you should practice on keeping your nerves under control. Perhaps you ought to do a mock test with your driving instructor? I think that may sort out your problem. Best of luck on your next attempt!
Reply 25
Miss_FiFi
Yeah its not ideal but if it came to it surely being limited to driving autos gives you a lot more freedom than not being able to drive at all.

Arguably only being able to drive an autos is the same as not being able to drive at all.
Reply 26
Take the hint and stay off the road?
I personally believe anyone who doesnt pass before 5 goes shouldnt be allowed to drive.. lol im joking but if it makes you feel any better my mrs passed on her 7th go with only 2 minors.. so yeah 7th time lucky perhaps lol
Reply 28
Don't give up man I failed 3 times passed 4th it's so worth the money driving is great just stick at it you will get there! :smile:
I have heard if you get to 9 fails they let you pass automatically as long as you have got no more then 55 minors over the last 9 tests.
Reply 30
coolmushroom
I have heard if you get to 9 fails they let you pass automatically as long as you have got no more then 55 minors over the last 9 tests.

I don't believe that but you would have to be very unlucky to fail 9 times and only have 55 minors. To average only 6 minors each test and fail 9 times you would have to be the unluckiest guy alive!
Reply 31
I have 3 tests so far and failed all of them with 2 minors each times and my instructors say i am very gud driver but unlucky :frown:
Reply 32
jd144
Just got back from my sixth test, and another fail. Bet most people probably think im an awful driver, and that i failed 6 tests cos i cant drive. I've had more then 50 lessons over a year and half, and my instructor sais my driving is near perfect, with no seroius faults in lessons. Only reason i fail is cos of test, i just cant do it :-(. Ive done endless a-level papers, and got 90 + % on them, with no problems or anything. Driving test is just one of the strangest experiances ever.

Btw, theres no real question here, just thought id share it.

Lol, I will trade you my driving ability [that of a pro :wink:] for your 90%+ A level results if you want.
hmm 6 times, i failed my second yesterday. i was a bag of nerves was told not to go by my instructor but i did. i got 7 minors and 1 serious, which was undue hesitation, basically no pulling out of a junction plonking myself over one lane and force my way in because there was temp traffic lights and road works. i thought if i did that and they wouldnt let me in and my side went green i would be blocking them so it was a no win situation. my manouevres were so 'impecible' as she put it i didnt have to finish them. my first test i got 5 minors on the drive but when i got back to the test centre i had to do a reverse bay park, exciting seeing as it is my best manouevre, but as i was reversing back the car stopped must of slipped out of gear i panicked didnt think to put handbrake on so i rolled back, it ended up between the lines but i got a serious for control, i was absolutely gutted because i failed on my best manouevre.

are you sure the reason you keep failing isnt because after your failed test your worrying about what you did wrong and you take that into your next test with you? i know the reason i was a bag of nerves yesterday was because on my first test i failed on my best manouevre i did them perfectly everytime, so i thought well it will go worse now because i failed on that. and when i got to the test centre i had to reverse bay park and i think i remembered my first test and it was just a mess i couldnt get it in was all over the place over 2 bays. i didnt have to do it luckily and my two manouvres i did were perfect that i didnt have to finish them. i think that is the worst thing you can do worry about what you failed on, cuz you willl take it forward to your next test. i dont 100% know but i am hopeful that i will pass third time because now i know that even with being a bag of nerves i only got 7 minors, impecible manouvres and failed on something that i have never done before and didnt know i could do that, i have never been in that situation. i am going to get some rescue remedy but i dont think i will feel nervous about my third test. the only reason i felt nervous about my 2nd was because i failed on a manouevre.

just keep going, head up :smile:
You fail because you make mistakes.
You probably make mistakes because you're letting your nerves get the better of you. You have to get past this mental block you have about it.

OR, you could be failing because you actually are bad at driving. 50 hours isn't all that many really, especially considering you've already taken 6 tests in that time. You probably need more practice, to develop ability and confidence.
Reply 35
jd144
Just got back from my sixth test, and another fail. Bet most people probably think im an awful driver, and that i failed 6 tests cos i cant drive. I've had more then 50 lessons over a year and half, and my instructor sais my driving is near perfect, with no seroius faults in lessons. Only reason i fail is cos of test, i just cant do it :-(. Ive done endless a-level papers, and got 90 + % on them, with no problems or anything. Driving test is just one of the strangest experiances ever.

its too late to turn back, just keep trying until you pass
Lol, someone bumped this old thread. OP, I wonder, have you passed now? :smile:
Reply 37
Junker
Don't worry, I failed 3 times but passed on my forth, I never gave up. I probably had over 60 lessons and my instructor milked me for all my ema money and savings and yes I am good academically but it doesnt matter because when you do pass the feelings great.

loooool same here i was gettin milked for my ema money, now im gettin milked for my work money lool
jd144

Try rescue remedy, or if you get really really nervous, speak to your doctor - they can sometimes prescribes things just for the nerves on test. Don't give up now =)
Have you done a mock exam with your driving instructor? To me that felt like a real driving test. It might help you out assuming you haven't done that before.

Damn though, your morale must be non existant!! Don't give up though, think of the FREEDOM that comes with passing. One of the best feelings in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending