The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
More information would help, your Budget etc? Thats the difference between Four Oaks and Small Heath.
Reply 21
orca92
Manchester!!!! cause we have football teams like Man Utd and Man City; not West Brom and Wolves.

Thats like saying Birmingham has Birmingham City & Aston Villa whereas Manchester has Oldham Athletic and Stockport County.
Reply 22
Who2004uk
Thats like saying Birmingham has Birmingham City & Aston Villa whereas Manchester has Oldham Athletic and Stockport County.

haha, true, i was trying to sway OP with my biased opinion :wink:
I do joke, but Birmingham now has 4 teams in the premier league.
Reply 23
orca92
haha, true, i was trying to sway OP with my biased opinion :wink:
I do joke, but Birmingham now has 4 teams in the premier league.

Two*
Reply 24
Who2004uk
Two*

Hmm, i'd count West Brom and Wolves as Birmingham teams as they're in the Birmingham conurbation; i guess they're not Birmingham city area though.
I live about 40 minutes away from Bham in Aldridge, its only one bus to get right to Aston uni. If you want anymore help about the nicer areas in birmingham feel free to pm me
Manchester! Go for somewhere like Didsbury, or even Chorlton, Altrincham, Sale... they're nice places and public transport into the centre isn't half bad either. I live in an area called Worsley where quite a few Manchester United footballers have lived, but it's really out of the way of everything and public transport is dire here. Do not recommend to anyone if you ever want to get into the centre of Manchester, but it's lovely in its own little way.
Reply 27
I'd say Manchester. I live in Birmingham and tbh i wouldn't recommend moving here.
Reply 29
alright im going on a tour in both the cities... lets see
thnx for the help :wink:
Reply 30
Oh just for the record, I got a place in Didsbury, Manchester :wink:
Reply 31
I live near Manchester. Manchester is amazing. Better shopping than Birmingham. Also, the electric trains in Birmingham make a weird annoying sound when they arrive and depart from stations. On that basis alone, I'd choose Manchester over Birmingham!
Reply 32
Caulfield
I live near Manchester. Manchester is amazing. Better shopping than Birmingham. Also, the electric trains in Birmingham make a weird annoying sound when they arrive and depart from stations. On that basis alone, I'd choose Manchester over Birmingham!

Bham is good but i really like manchester.
where do you live exactly?
Reply 33
reem02
Bham is good but i really like manchester.
where do you live exactly?

I live half an hour away from Manchester on the train so I spend a lot of time there. It's the place to go for everything; football, shopping, music, culture, parks etc. The only thing good about Birmingham is that it's nearer to London :P
Reply 34
Caulfield
I live half an hour away from Manchester on the train so I spend a lot of time there. It's the place to go for everything; football, shopping, music, culture, parks etc. The only thing good about Birmingham is that it's nearer to London :P

lol yeah!
So what uni you going to?
Reply 35
reem02
lol yeah!
So what uni you going to?

A good tip for cheap train tickets from Birmingham New Street to London Euston is to use megabus.com and order train tickets from there!

I don't know. I'm re-applying and embarking on a gap year that includes the Lake District and South Africa. If you want to know more about my university choices, just look in my post history from this evening :smile:
Reply 36
Caulfield
A good tip for cheap train tickets from Birmingham New Street to London Euston is to use megabus.com and order train tickets from there!

I don't know. I'm re-applying and embarking on a gap year that includes the Lake District and South Africa. If you want to know more about my university choices, just look in my post history from this evening :smile:

OHhh South Africa, u'll enjoy that.
Im actually looking for part time jobs in manchester... if you could help me out with that.
Reply 37
reem02
OHhh South Africa, u'll enjoy that.
Im actually looking for part time jobs in manchester... if you could help me out with that.

I'm sorry.. My friend has had no luck with jobs in Manchester and he's been looking for months!
Reply 38
Caulfield
I'm sorry.. My friend has had no luck with jobs in Manchester and he's been looking for months!

arghhh
thats not fair!
what about on the campus of the university of manchester itself?
Reply 39
reem02
arghhh
thats not fair!
what about on the campus of the university of manchester itself?

Probably best to ask that here :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Latest

Trending

Trending