The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ocassus
Tan = You got some color, you have been outsıde.

Pale = Unwell, don't get out much.

Because there's obviously no pale skinned people out there that would rather use strong suns cream and sit in the shade than burn, right?

The majority of the people with strong, sun given tans seem to be the type that enjoy lying around doing **** all in the sun. I'd rather use my time doing something more interesting.
Pale all the way! A healthy tan doesn't hurt though.
Reply 22
When it comes to skin colour, I don't really have much of a preference.

I rather like pale skin, but I also like tanned (as in, been out in the sun) and naturally tanned skin(as in mixedrace or Asian).
Whatever they are naturally really - I can't see myself liking someone that fake tans or spends all their time on sunbeds! Thinking about it, all the guys I've liked apart from one (who was naturally tanned because he was half Spanish) have been pale :dontknow:
Reply 24
I cannot abide fake looking tan on men, so a guy with an orange skin tone would definitely be a turn OFF (for example i wouldn't touch someone with skin like Christiano Ronaldo, although he's Meditteranean so it's probably natural-but he still looks like he over does the tanning a tad) so i'd go with the pale look. A natural tan (i.e. after coming off holiday) can look nice though.
Ocassus
Tan = You got some color, you have been outsıde.

Pale = Unwell, don't get out much.

Ever heard of factor 50? I was outside nearly all day every day last summer, and it was really hot outside, and I didn't even get freckles! I had a choice between factor 50 and burning. Now why did I choose the suncream...?
Reply 26
It sucks but if you have a tan, you got a better chance of getting some.
70% of girls are pretty shallow...as are 70% of guys..so if you have a tan you will have a better chance of attracting more girls.
I'd rather have a guy with pale skin and natural than someone who's wearing fake tan
Reply 28
NaturalDisaster
Ever heard of factor 50? I was outside nearly all day every day last summer, and it was really hot outside, and I didn't even get freckles! I had a choice between factor 50 and burning. Now why did I choose the suncream...?

Even if you are pale you can get a bit of a tan unless you have serotonin deficiencies. Pale is a Mark of being unhealthy.
Ocassus
Even if you are pale you can get a bit of a tan unless you have serotonin deficiencies. Pale is a Mark of being unhealthy.

Tanning is just a more attractive form of burning, you're still damaging your skin. There's a whole breed of us pale-skinned folk who just burn in the sun, and it doesn't turn into a tan. Ever. It's not necessarily a mark of being unhealthy. That's just the way I am.
Reply 30
NaturalDisaster
Tanning is just a more attractive form of burning, you're still damaging your skin. There's a whole breed of us pale-skinned folk who just burn in the sun, and it doesn't turn into a tan. Ever. It's not necessarily a mark of being unhealthy. That's just the way I am.

It is a Mark of frailty whether you like it or not. The human body is able to sustain the sun if the correct precautions are taken. It is indicative of this.
However if someone is pale it is for a reason. Their skin is not properly pigmented, they are ill or whatever. Having pale skin gives ye appearance and connotation of being fragile and breakable.
Ocassus
It is a Mark of frailty whether you like it or not. The human body is able to sustain the sun if the correct precautions are taken. It is indicative of this.
However if someone is pale it is for a reason. Their skin is not properly pigmented, they are ill or whatever. Having pale skin gives ye appearance and connotation of being fragile and breakable.

In small doses it can help the body create vitamin D (I think, it's definitely some vitamin or another), but large periods of exposure lead to fricking skin cancer. Hardly healthy, and easily prevented. Just because pale people's skin doesn't show the marks of sun exposure, doesn't mean we're unhealthy. :nope: I get the palest of pale freckles if I'm out too long, but I go out in the sun more than enough, I just don't let myself get burnt, because my skin doesn't tan. Seeing as there's several countries where they have naturally pale skin, I hardly think it means we're all ill. That's just nine kinds of stupid. :s-smilie:
Yeah i like pale guys. Even better when they have dark hair and blue or green eyes :drool: .
Tanned guys, definitely. Not those from the sunbed, because the colour is just disgusting, and not only it isn't healthy (not that sun exposure for long hours is, but you know what I mean), but everyone can see where they got that colour from.

I like the guys who have that natural tan colour. They don't need to go to the beach (or sunbed) every freaking day to get some colour on their skin.

And if they have (dark) brown hair and green eyes... YEEEEEEEEEES. ;p
Ocassus

So in your line of reasoning, I, for example, have a normal tan colour (without sun exposure) would think that, e.g., people from the UK are all sick because, let's be honest, comparing them to Spain and Portugal's skin type, they're all ill because they're freaking pale.

LOL That hardly makes any sense. :tongue: However, I do agree when you say pale skin gives out the impression one's sort of fragile, eh.

Latest

Trending

Trending