The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What are my chances....? Help please!

I am an international student and I have just finished my first year of IB. I am wanting to apply to Warwick, and it is definitely my first choice. I am wanting to apply for the Law and Business Studies course.

My GCSE's are:
PE: A*
Chinese: A*
Media Studies: A*
History: A
Maths: A
Science (Double Award): BB
English Language: B
English Literature: B
Economics: B

My IB subjects and predicted grades are:
HL Philosophy: 7
HL English: 5
HL Business and Management: 6
SL Maths Studies: 7
SL Chinese: 7
SL Biology: 6

Overall: 38 without bonus points

I am currently having a work experience at Manchester in an accountancy firm. Would this be a benefit? And is it relevant to the course? Furthermore, I have a few sports awards and I represent my country's U19 Boys Basketball Team. Would this help?

What are my chances for the Law and Business course? Please help!
Thanks!
Reply 1
You might get in with this score in the IB. However, what they could look down on are your B's in the GCSE's and maybe that 5 in HL English....
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
it depends what grades they require for your course, some conditions are way higher than others whereas mine was only 32 points...
Reply 3
I know someone who got in to do law at Warwick this ucas cycle with no a*'s op,so gcse's aren't the be all and end all, however she had a*a*a predictions.
Reply 4
Check the entry requirements on the website; if you make them then you have a chance; if you dont, then you have almost no chance. Your course is quite competitive so making the entrance requirements does not mean that you have a 100% chance of getting in. Work experience would be able to go on your personal statement and that would improve your application overall if you talk about what you have learnt from it. And your sport probably won't count for anything unless you play it at a ridiculously high level; i don't know which country you're talking about though.
Reply 5
Well the requirements for IB is 36-38 with bonus points, and for A-Level its AAB which I suppose isn't THAT hard?

I am predicted 38 currently without the bonus points, so I suppose I can get 1 or 2 more bonus points...
Reply 6
qwerty98765
Well the requirements for IB is 36-38 with bonus points, and for A-Level its AAB which I suppose isn't THAT hard?

I am predicted 38 currently without the bonus points, so I suppose I can get 1 or 2 more bonus points...

remember that predictions aren't necessarily what you will get your final exams! :smile:
Reply 7
raes
remember that predictions aren't necessarily what you will get your final exams! :smile:

I know, but predictions are what universities are going to use in order to determine whether they will give you an offer or not... They surely wont give you an offer if you have 24 points... Offers are a first step!

I just want to know what my chances are in getting an offer......
Your prediction meets the upper range of their standard offer so that's a good first step. Now get a good personal statement sorted out and a good referee/reference and then that should get you the offer.
Reply 9
raes

Oh my god, congratulations Sherlock. :holmes:
Reply 10
liaf
Oh my god, congratulations Sherlock. :holmes:

oh my god, you are so funny.
i was just saying that if they give an offer of 38 and her/his predictions are 38 it doesn't mean she/he will get it in.

Latest

Trending

Trending